Inaccessible partition

flowergirlmom

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2011
Hello,
The data storage partition of my hard drive has disappeared. Its properties are 0 gigabyes available, gigabytes used. This was 700 GB oF data I cannot access.

A little more information would be helpful. What OS are you running, how does the drive appear in Disk Manager? Can you post a picture? Do you have multiple partitions on that drive?

The first thing that I would try is a free tool from EASEUS that can recover partitions with damaged partition / format information (rather than corrupted data). Take a look at http://www.easeus.com/partition-recovery/ .

Let us know if that works or, if not, the answers to my questions above. Good luck.

(and buy another drive and keep backups!)

Ascend

Honorable
Dec 18, 2012
Hello,

I have a very similar problem.

I have replaced my 500GB HDD with a 120GB SSD. Given that the SSD has less storage, I wanted to use my HDD in an ultrabay HDD-adapter enclosure as a second hard drive in my ThinkPad T61 running Windows 7 Professional 64-bit. However, the ultrabay HDD-adapter enclosure seems faulty. Consequently, I have put the HDD into an external USB enclosure just to find out that I can only access two of my three partitions on that HDD. All three partitions are shown as 'local disks'. What has gone wrong? Please help me regaining access to the data on those two inaccessible partitions. Many thanks in advance for your help.

Here are some pictures: Visual information on the inaccessible partitions

Is22hta567r

Honorable
Jan 25, 2013
OK! No matter what caused your problem, the priority thing is to regain your data back.
To recover your data, I recommend you to apply Vimx Partition Recovery, which is specially developed to process the partition recovery problem, such as the deleted partition recovery problems, formatted partition recovery problems and other partition recovery problems.
Notice:
1. Stop writing anything new on the same drive to keep the inner data safe.
2. Save your recovered files on a different drive in case of recovery failure.
3. Create a new partition to replace it, if you like. (Create a new one like this: Right click “Computer Management” to select “Manage”=> Choose “Disk Management” => Right click the deleted partition and hit “New Logical Drive” on the list => format it.)
4. Back up you data well in the future as possible as you can.