INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE Occurred When New Internal Hard Drive is added.

• Thread starter Deleted member 2135441
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2135441

I have a problem on Windows 10 when I installed a new Hard Drive. Windows 10 will show up an error INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE when the Hard Drive is installed, but if I removed the Hard Drive the error is gone when I boot onto Windows 10.
Its a blank hard drive, no files inside. But when I installed windows 10 to that hard drive it still doesn't work.

1st Hard Drive - Windows 10. My main OS.
2nd Hard Drive(New Hard Drive) - Reformatted and installed Windows 10 on it.

Also before I installed windows 10 on the 2nd drive, I installed Kali Linux on it. It still didn't work.

To make my first hard drive bootable, I will have to remove my 2nd hard drive so that I can boot from it.

I can use the 2nd drive to boot and it worked. My 1st drive is accessible on the 2nd drive.
I'm currently using my 1st Drive to boot on windows 10(I REMOVED THE 2nd DRIVE).

Colif

Win 11 Master
What is the boot order in the bios? I don't get how adding a hdd should change anything on another drive - especially if it was blank (did it have partitions when you put it in first time?).

Did you ever have a 2nd drive in the spot you put this new drive? If PC didn't boot after you removed a drive, I can understand that but instead, yours only boots if its only hdd.. that is just odd.

Where you going to put win 10 on 2nd drive? having 2 win 10 installs on PC could confuse BIOS because of way UEFI boots work

D

Deleted member 2135441

First, The order of the bios is:
1) The 1st Drive(Windows 10)
2) The 2nd Drive(Newly formatted Windows 10)
3) USB Flash Drive(WINDOWS 10 INSTALLER)
4) Add in bootable cars

My 2nd drive was empty before I inserted it in my pc. Then I reformatted it into Kali Linux 2 it still did not work, then I reformatted it into windows 10, it still didn't work.