"Inaccessible_boot_drive" error after resetting windows 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

epiczombie87

Reputable
Aug 2, 2015
I have just recently upgraded from Windows 7 Home to Windows 10. I decided that I wanted a clean install so I went to the settings to reset. Now my computer won't boot windows and I'm given the "inaccessible_boot_drive" error. PLEASE HELP, I cannot use my pc and don't have another pc for an ISO. what do I do?????!!
Thanks in advance

KingGreGre

Reputable
Feb 8, 2015
Hey mate, I had the same problem when I reset from Windows 10 back to Windows 8.1. If you still have your Windows 7 CD, you're in luck. All you'll have to do is put your W7 CD in the drive, then go into BIOS and set your primary boot device to be your CD Drive rather than your hard drive. Then save changes to your BIOS settings and restart your PC. If the CD drive doesn't spin automatically, it may prompt you to do so on screen, it'll say something along the lines of "Press any key to boot from CD" once you boot from the CD, it will read your Windows 7 disc and you will have to reinstall the OS completely. You'll lose all apps and files and Windows updates you had before, like a factory reset, but your PC will function again.

Hope this helps and cheers!

-KingGreGre

Status
Not open for further replies.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS