incoming email alerts

I'm using new Outlook Express 6 with XP (SP2)
No sound plays when new message arrives - even though I have checked the
option. Can anyone help
--
davidc

Gordon

davidc wrote:
> I'm using new Outlook Express 6 with XP (SP2)
> No sound plays when new message arrives - even though I have checked
> the option. Can anyone help

Have you gone to Control Panel-Sounds and Audio Devices, clicked on the
"Sounds" tab and ensured that the New Mail Notification has a sound
associated with it?

Yes, I've set that one to the "notify" sound which is nice and loud,
David

"Gordon" wrote:

> davidc wrote:
> > I'm using new Outlook Express 6 with XP (SP2)
> > No sound plays when new message arrives - even though I have checked
> > the option. Can anyone help
>
> Have you gone to Control Panel-Sounds and Audio Devices, clicked on the
> "Sounds" tab and ensured that the New Mail Notification has a sound
> associated with it?

Clarification:
I already set the associated sound, "Notify" in the windows xp control panel
'Sounds & Audio Devices' control panel, but that didn't solve the problem. I
got the computer new and ugraded immediately to SP2. The sound notification
for incoming email has never worked.

"Gordon" wrote:

> davidc wrote:
> > I'm using new Outlook Express 6 with XP (SP2)
> > No sound plays when new message arrives - even though I have checked
> > the option. Can anyone help
>
> Have you gone to Control Panel-Sounds and Audio Devices, clicked on the
> "Sounds" tab and ensured that the New Mail Notification has a sound
> associated with it?

Thanks Gordon, its sorted.