Incoming phone call from person who is receiving a call from me

Status
Not open for further replies.

mijoe07

Honorable
Aug 31, 2014
Not sure if this is the place for this issue but could not find anything similar to this issue. Very strange happened three times today.

I got three phone calls today, one from a complete random number and two from people in my contacts, one of which I talk to frequently and the other I haven’t talked to in quite a while. I answered the first random call and a man on the other end was asking me who i was and why i called, i explained i did not call and that i thought he called me. The other two calls were very similar except the first one I was unable to connect to them and upon answering the call dropped. They then texted me asking why I had called, which I hadn’t. And the last call I did not answer it and waited for it to stop ringing, once it did stop it immediately started ringing again like they called back, but when answering there was no one there. They also texted me asking why I was calling them. All 3 calls appear in my call history as incoming calls.

Very strange experience just wondering if anyone has any clue why this could be happening and if I should be concerned, since I currently am slightly. I have an iPhone 8 with Verizon Wireless.

Its called number spoofing, basically some outside group steals a phone number and places a call from some outside source (typically outside of the country using the USA code of 1 before the number. When someone tries to reply to, call, or otherwise interact with the spam number, it just routes it to the real US number.
This has happened to me before, someone used my number and I got angry texts for maybe a few days, then they moved on.
For the most part, they will give up due to lack of results from your number.

mijoe07

Honorable
Aug 31, 2014
Its called number spoofing, basically some outside group steals a phone number and places a call from some outside source (typically outside of the country using the USA code of 1 before the number. When someone tries to reply to, call, or otherwise interact with the spam number, it just routes it to the real US number.
This has happened to me before, someone used my number and I got angry texts for maybe a few days, then they moved on.
For the most part, they will give up due to lack of results from your number.
This makes sense however isn’t it somewhat strange that it happens with people in my contacts, or just happens to be since the call center or wherever calls so many numbers each day.

mijoe07

Honorable
Aug 31, 2014
Follow up, after asking around found out I was victim to

https://prankhotline.com/pickprank/2phones

which apparently connects the two phone calls in the way i described and allows the pranker to listen to a recording of the conversation that occurs. Did not think this was possible esspecially to let someone listen to our conversation of the two people being confused.

Status
Not open for further replies.