Question Incompatible ram.

Dec 6, 2019
Hello!

A month ago I decided to move away from console and build my first pc. As soon as I loaded up the first game of csgo after windows were installed, a horrible buzz revealed itself inside the pc and in the headset. I haven't gotten rid of it since. The following components were used.

Fractal Design Focus G Sort Mid Tower
ASUS ROG Strix B450-F GAMING, Socket-AM4
G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4 16GB KIT 3200Mhz
Kingston A2000 500GB NVMe M.2 SSD
Cooler Master MasterSet MS120 Combo
Sapphire Radeon RX 580 8GB Pulse
Amd Ryzen 5 1600

When csgo booted up I heard nothing, but as soon as the first game loaded up I heard a sound which resembles an hdd but more high frequent and a lot louder. As soon as I heard it in the pc it also came in the headset. The sound in the headset would occur even if volume at pc were set to 0%. The sound issues would go away if went back to the home screen with csgo in the background, but would start as I moved my mouse and stop when I stopped the mouse. If I called the frame rate at very low rate, let's say 15, the buzz would decrease in frequency. What is strange is tht I have run furmark and Intel burntest but this produces no sound at all. This I thought were wierd, especially when it seemed like the noise were tied to fps, which again should be related to gpu.

Thought of coil whine. But remembered that coilwhine is mechanical and shouldn't affect the sound. This theory were confirmed (I think) when I swapped psu. When the psu was swapped the sound in the headset went away, but the pc still made the noise.

Later I swapped the cpu for ryzen 5 3600. No difference. M.2 nvme ssd for a regular sata, no difference. Mobo for an identical mobo, no difference. Rx580 for gtx1660, no difference. However I did notice a difference while trying the gtx 1080 ti. The noise were drastically decreased. However in csgo this gpu only worked at 20%.

I mounted the pc on top of the mobo box and listened using a paper tube yesterday, it sounds like it's coming from the bottom of the pcie slot the gpu is connected to. Maybe it is on the board itself a little closer to the cpu, hard to tell excalty where. One thing is for sure and that it is no sound from the ram.

However the ram is the only component not tested.... I checked the qvl at the Asus support page and it doesn't list my specific ram model as compatible. (F4-3200C16D-16GVKB) However it lists the same model, but with 4gb sticks as compatible. (F4-3200C16D-8GVKB), maybe they didn't bother to add both? On the other hand, if I go to gskill support page and look up compatible boards to my specific memory, they have listed the board as compatible... Also, at the same page it says the memory id designed for Intel...

As you probably can tell I have no idea what to do.. All I know is that I have a pc that makes noise like crazy and every component except the ram is switched. (I have tried the sticks one by one too) Any advice at all would be fantastic. Thanks! :)

Lutfij

Titan
You forgot to mention the make and model of your PSU. Can you check and see which version of BIOS you're currently working with on your motherboard? Which version of Windows 10 are you currently on?

You also will need to mention the make and model of your headset.

Dec 6, 2019
You forgot to mention the make and model of your PSU. Can you check and see which version of BIOS you're currently working with on your motherboard? Which version of Windows 10 are you currently on?

You also will need to mention the make and model of your headset.
Oh sorry. New psu installed was Corsair Vengeance 750M, 750W PSU. Bios version 2901 (The newest). Windows version are Windows 10 home 64 bit. And finally, the headset is called HyperX Cloud Alpha Pro Gaming Headset.

Did you make sure you IO shield is pressed in correctly and check all your back outlets with a flash light to make sure none of the little grounding fingers are sticking inside of the sockets. Is your board screwed down to the standoffs in the case, makeing sure there are no extra standoffs touching the board?

Dec 6, 2019
Did you make sure you IO shield is pressed in correctly and check all your back outlets with a flash light to make sure none of the little grounding fingers are sticking inside of the sockets. Is your board screwed down to the standoffs in the case, makeing sure there are no extra standoffs touching the board?
Yes, the board has integrated io shield.