Inconsistencies in audio levels during use

Spohnicus

Reputable
Dec 3, 2015
I've spent a large amount of time on my laptop, and I have to say I love it. Unfortunately, I'm having a problem with the audio that I haven't been able to locate anywhere else. My friends and coworkers both are unable to explain what the issue is (I work for an IT branch in a computing company).

My problem is that the system audio seems to boost to unreasonable levels. However, after I even so much as press the volume keys on my laptop, the audio updates as if it didn't realize it was playing on such a loud level, returning it to approximately the same listening volume it should have been on.

This happens every single time there is nothing being output to my headphones. (I should mention - the aforementioned problem only happens with my audio jack.)

This is most prominent when I'm watching youtube videos. when a video ends, in the time it takes to select another, it jumps and I have to either toggle my mute key or do volume+- to return it to normal levels.

System Specs - ASUS Q550-LF
i7 4500U
NVIDIA GeForce 745m
8 GB DDR3 RAM
256 GB SSD (Upgraded from 1 TB HDD; doing so has Voided my Warranty)
(I forget the rest of the specs. Not sure about audio card, either.)

Spohnicus

Reputable
Dec 3, 2015

That was overly simple. The guys at work would get a kick out of this. That seems to have done the job. Thanks!