[SOLVED] Inconsistent cpu temperature in different software?

Tremy

Prominent
May 15, 2017
I'm trying to undervolt my CPU and see how that affects temperature but I don't get a consistent reading through different software, they show different temps, how do I know which is the right one?
zgtUNbI.png

Solution
check the hwinfo readings your bios battery report at 2.5 volt and it should be 3.3 also your 5 volt line give a reading of 3.5 volts out of specs should be from 4.8 to 5,2 do you have another psu you could try for test and how old is the board you might need to get a new bios battery and then remove the old one and put new one in .

scout_03

Titan
Ambassador
check the hwinfo readings your bios battery report at 2.5 volt and it should be 3.3 also your 5 volt line give a reading of 3.5 volts out of specs should be from 4.8 to 5,2 do you have another psu you could try for test and how old is the board you might need to get a new bios battery and then remove the old one and put new one in .

Solution

Tremy

Prominent
May 15, 2017

Those hwinfo readings are wrong, look at the first picture in the thread, hwmonitor reads 4.8v, also I don't have a cmos battery at all right now, but I doubt that would affect temperature readings.