[SOLVED] Inconsistent frames

T0X1C

Prominent
Jun 25, 2021
Built a PC two years or so ago. Have been dealing with bad framerates and not smooth games. I think I found the problem but I want to verify. I have a Rx 6600. A 9600k. And a b365 motherboard with 16 gb of ram. I was having choppy gameplay on my 580 so I bought a 6600. And I have higher frames. Cod runs fine. But any battle royale or warzone or anything stutters occasionally and when I'm turning it feels like 30 fps instead of 150. I think this is due to my mobo not having good socket power draw or the ram being limited to 2666. It's a basic board and I don't think data is transferring between the CPU ram and GPU fast enough. Any verification would be great.

Solution
Would have to pull out the power supply.

Actually, unless it's a really cheap power supply or it's installed wrong, the label with the model and specifications chart should be facing out for ~90% of builds. If it's not, then it would be a good idea to simply remove the four screws that attach it to the back of the case and remove it just enough to turn it and see the label. Obviously, you'll want to flip the switch on the back to the off position and then unplug the cable before doing so. Kind of important to know the PSU model since it's literally the most important component in any system.

T0X1C

Prominent
Jun 25, 2021
Would have to pull out the power supply. But board is a gigabyte b365m I'm assuming it's either the board or power supply aswell because my specs are fine

Would have to pull out the power supply.

Actually, unless it's a really cheap power supply or it's installed wrong, the label with the model and specifications chart should be facing out for ~90% of builds. If it's not, then it would be a good idea to simply remove the four screws that attach it to the back of the case and remove it just enough to turn it and see the label. Obviously, you'll want to flip the switch on the back to the off position and then unplug the cable before doing so. Kind of important to know the PSU model since it's literally the most important component in any system.

Solution