[SOLVED] Inconsistent Power Button

Apr 14, 2020
The power button on my NZXT S340 will wake my pc up from sleep mode without any trouble, however it doesn't work at all while my PC is powered off. Any advice on what might be causing this inconsistency and what I can do to solve it would be appreciated.

Solution
Well, 3-4 things come to my mind. I don't say it can't be anything else, but:

- Resetting bios may 'magically' fix things. I have had twice a similar case, despite not exactly same. The second time, amazingly, I had to do it by removing (and maybe putting back, I forgot) the bios jumper. The CMOS battery move did not help me then, but u can put it out-and-in, too. Ur choice how to reset bios, if u choose to do so. Bios jumper pictures:
https://www.google.com/search?q=bio...WRw6YKHQpTCFkQ_AUoAXoECA0QAw&biw=1536&bih=723
It may slightly vary in color and place
I'd say changing the bios to latest, or situationally older...
Probably.
The power button is connected to the motherboard via some 'armed' little cables, to a front panel. You can try to pull up and reseat them back again. I wouldn't exclude even some of them being in the wrong place, you can see what is the ordering for ur motherboard in the internet.
It may not be even necessary; if you make some disassembly, the power button himself most likely has a cover, and it may have to be reseated, tho this one is less likely as u say the button does work, just wrong.

In fact, was your PC working normally before? I mean, did this happen suddenly, out of the nothing, or the PC button has never worked normally before?

Well, 3-4 things come to my mind. I don't say it can't be anything else, but:

- Resetting bios may 'magically' fix things. I have had twice a similar case, despite not exactly same. The second time, amazingly, I had to do it by removing (and maybe putting back, I forgot) the bios jumper. The CMOS battery move did not help me then, but u can put it out-and-in, too. Ur choice how to reset bios, if u choose to do so. Bios jumper pictures:
https://www.google.com/search?q=bio...WRw6YKHQpTCFkQ_AUoAXoECA0QAw&biw=1536&bih=723
It may slightly vary in color and place
I'd say changing the bios to latest, or situationally older version via update(flashing it), but if u cannot turn on pc, i dunno how it will be done.
If u have someone who can lend you some of these 3 things-power supply/cable/mobo u may be able to find out what is the problem urself. U may also find them cheap temporary substitutes somewhere where u live.

Solution