Apr 16, 2019
I recently upgraded my pc from an old build. my current build is:

"NOTE: No manual overclocking"

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/wF4z3b

A few weeks after building my new rig my computer froze up once and shut down. Before shutting down I got a blue screen with a " CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION" error. After the PC restarted from the blue screen I ran the memory test, the built in windows test, when the test finished it said there was an error " your computer has a memory problem." Also I had no sound what so ever from my speakers or headphones. I tried to update all drivers and it didn't work. Then I clean installed windows and thought maybe this would fix it(It fixed the sound issue). I went ahead and I sent off the memory to be replaced, but i had the memory form my previous rig so i am using that until the memory is replaced. Now every once an a while when i shut my pc down or restart i get this error "The instruction at 0x000000006B9C0070 referenced memory at 0x000000006B9C0070. The required data was not placed into memory because of an I/O error status of 0x000026e."

I'm not sure if there is another issue causing these error. Anyone have an ideas?

EDIT 1: I also tried to test one stick of the Gskill ram at a time and could not repeat the error. I switched slots and used sticks individually. Using other ram does not replicate the error either.

Last edited:

Quarkzquarkz

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2013
Have you tried running memTest+? It's a free memory module tester that will check the integrity of your mem sticks. What you can do is try to insert 1 module at a time and test it, then switch it off. If all passes, then try two.
Are both memory sticks from the same manufacturer and specifications? Also I had a problem in the past where I'd get a blue screen and it turned out that one of the sticks werent seated properly. It was just a tiny little misalignment that would cause erratic bsod. Hopefully that might be a good start, Good luck!

Apr 16, 2019
I'll try that test with my currently installed memory to see if is a seating problem or memory slot. I've sent off the suspected bad memory and I am waiting on it to be replaced. I'll let you know my results.