Incorrect shutdown and startup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

xmax

Honorable
Dec 17, 2013
By incorrect, I mean this happens every one or two shutdowns and startups.

What happens is when I try to shutdown, Windows appears to have shutdown. Screen is not detecting anything (Because technically nothing is running) but the only difference is, my entire computer is still running. I am not sure how this is possible but I can confirm this is a Windows 10 unique problem.
And now consecutively, after this 'incorrect' shutdown. When I try to boot up, when it gets to the Windows loading spinning beads screen, the computer shut's down abruptly. And I have to boot it up again. This sort of things happens every few cycles and is 100% identical to the last one.
I have tried a clean windows 10 install (Formatted my SSD) and the EXACT same thing occurs.

As a side note, I also cannot update to the latest update as it gets to a certain percentage, around 20% and restarts with a message saying it couldn't complete the update and it is undoing changes.

All the outlined problems aren't critical (I can still get in, thankfully) and are definitely unique to my computer. Because I have Windows 10 on my other machines, and they can update and do everything just fine thus far.

Any solutions?

Quick edit:
My PC specs are:
p9x79 mobo
gtx 970 4GB vram
i7 4930k @ 3.4ghz
32GB RAM @ 1600MHz

And all my drivers are up-to-date (I do this sort of thing quite often)

Solution
Hibernate and fast startup are both notoriously buggy. You may want to try turning off hibernation. Open up an elevated Command Prompt by typing "CMD" in Start, right-clicking on the first option, and selecting "Run as administrator." Enter the command

powercfg -h off

Slashgeek

Admirable
Hibernate and fast startup are both notoriously buggy. You may want to try turning off hibernation. Open up an elevated Command Prompt by typing "CMD" in Start, right-clicking on the first option, and selecting "Run as administrator." Enter the command

powercfg -h off

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.