increase airflow cheaply

B_S

Reputable
Mar 3, 2014
I have an old case. It has no fans except PSU fan i think. I'm building a new system.

What's the minimum number of fans i need to buy? How should they be set up to create good airflow? Should I have one fan sucking in cool air into the case and one pushing out hot air, or is it enough with one fan? How should these be situated in the case?

What are some good fan models to buy?

Solution
I think that you should have at least 2 fans in your computer. Or maybe 3. If it's 3, I would have 1 in the front for intake. I would have one in the back for pushing and one on the top for pushing as well.

Suggestions for fans with great airflow... Corsair AF120. About 20 dollar CAD each.
minimum number of fans in a case should be 2 excluding the psu fan. one intake at the front or bottom, and exhaust at the top or back

As far as fans go, Cougar fans are going for pretty cheap right now and they are a top teir fan. other top teir fans are corsair, phanteks and noctua.

cheaper fans are stuff like nzxt, coolermaster, or various other fans

swegname

Honorable
Jan 8, 2014
I think that you should have at least 2 fans in your computer. Or maybe 3. If it's 3, I would have 1 in the front for intake. I would have one in the back for pushing and one on the top for pushing as well.

Suggestions for fans with great airflow... Corsair AF120. About 20 dollar CAD each.

Solution