• Hey there, Guest! Share your idea for a new trophy in the forums and win bragging rights and a $100 Amazon gift card! Check out the New Community Trophy Contest here!
  • Pardon our dust as we work on some regularly scheduled forum maintenance. You may notice some missing features during this time. Thank you for your patience!

increase home network bandwidth

freebird_wr

Honorable
Jan 28, 2014
Like most people we have multiple devices connecting to our internet, both wireless and wired. I have a desktop connecting using ethernet, while 5 smartphones, one iPad, one laptop and our DirecTV DVR connect using wireless. We have the middle tier networking package from Cox Communications (25Mbps) and a WL-330gE ASUS wireless router running through a 10/100 four port standard router. Is there any other setup I can have to increase speed to these devices (load balancing, switch, etc)? Demands on the internet are only going to get bigger and I want to get ahead of it now. Thanks.

freebird_wr

Honorable
Jan 28, 2014
I have the On Q Legrand wireless access point so I'm not sure if I can go to a single wireless/wired router setup. I can check to see if a better router is available that would fit my setup without major modifications.