Question Increase NB and Dram voltage for stability?

Feb 22, 2019
Hi gang. Having trouble getting a cpu to work with a mobo. Its stable somwhat with a 1.40 voltage increase on the northbridge with only 4gb of ram. But if I try all 8gb it fails. Should I increase the ram voltage also? I'm trying to get a older quad core to work with a p5n-d and its giving me all kinds of trouble. Thanks.

Feb 22, 2019
its a P5n-d mobo. I'm trying to get a q9650 cpu to run on it. The board is suppose to be able to take it but its a know problem that its troublesome with these late gen 775 quad cores. I'm trying to get 4, 2gb stcks of ram to run on it. 4 dimms. The mobo only takes 8 gb. The Ram voltage is 1.8 now. Stock I think. Thats what cpuz tells me. Its barely running on 2 sticks though with votlage increase to the Northbride. I've heard when you have to starting fooling with volltage increase to get a cpu to run its always a pain.

OK. Are they identical DIMM modules themselves? DDR2 was fine to use even up at the 2.1v setting. I was using 2 Corsair kits back around that time rated at 1066Mhz with 2.1v from the XMP(likely EPP then for Nvidia chipsets)settings. I never had to adjust the actual NB voltage, though that is where the IMC is contained in those days, though used 680i SLI chipset. Are there any other OC related settings you have adjusted as well? What are the errors you actually get? BSODS, or installed RAM amount not showing up? Is your board updated to the latest BIOS as well?

Feb 22, 2019
Yes all 4 are identical 800mhz 240 pin ram sticks. Basically the bios will freeze sometimes & or lock up. With the volt increase to the Nb its slghtly better for a while. The Nb is the only thing I've touched. Tbh I think asus is wrong about that cpu running well with this mobo.The bios is up to date. Last thing I havn't tried is another psu. Thanks for trying to help but this one is a head scratch for me. I know the cpu works because I tried it in another board with ddr3.