[SOLVED] Increase VRAM in VEGA 11 GPU

Ragahv

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2012
Please keep it to 1 thread
I have an AMD 3400G APU with Vega 11 GPU and it has up to 3GB MAX VRAM Capability.

So i have an ASUS AM4 compatible motherboard which has 32GB DDR4 RAM support and i have 32 GB DDR4 3600MHz RAM Installed. I don't have dedicated Graphics Card.

I also have a power ful 1000 WATT GSKILL PSU.

So how to hack or modify vram value in bios or by using software the VRAM value of vega 11 gpu built inside AMD APU/CPU?

I know min is 2-3GB but i want to increase to 4GB or more.

Somewere i heard that it depends on system memory. So if i have 8gb, the VRAM can extend by 1-5 % or if i have 16GB it will be 5 % of that or if 8GB 5 percent of that such as 500MB or 16GB RAM = 2GB VRAM or 32GB = 3-4 GB VRAM but i can buy board with higher ram capicty to get higher vram value. I dont want to spend money on discrete gpu since i already have video card built into cpu

Solution
I want to assign more than 3GB max VRAM to vega 11 GPU and I have amd apu 3400g CPU.

Is there a hack for bios to get around the limit. I know I have 16gb ram and I will loose system memory then if I take more VRAM out of ram.

Don't limit my acc admin if you hear hack word. All I try to determine is to modify my bios to access more than 3gb VRAM. So will Vega 11 get more VRAM of a game demands say 4 to 5Gb . Some new AAA games need 4 to 5gb on ultra video settings. Say it's locked to 3gb on asrock or asus board then if Vega 11 needs more should it take.
Hello,
The on-chip GPU simply lacks the processing power to utilize more video memory. Even if you find a mod to support more than that (I doubt it is a BIOS limitation), it is...

boju

Titan
Ambassador
All it does when setting vram limit is lock that amount of ram for only the apu graphics to use. Which means outside of gaming etc, you'll be missing ram.

Apu will use as much ram for vram when needed. It's done automatically, so ideally, you'll want to reduce dedicated ram amount as much as possible. Unless a game requires a certain amount to run then the value would need to be looked at.

Explained more here;

Ragahv

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2012
How to increase VRAM on Vega 11 GPU in AMD 3400G APU?

On asus boards this is possible through BIOS to change from 2GB to 4GB but my mini ATX board has 64GB DDR4 3600MHz ram installed and I want to increase VRAM to 8GB or 4GB on any board. Is there a way to hack the Bios or modify firmware settings to active this?

Please help me out. Think of using iris plus graphics pro 64 EU and you have 4GB of VRAM dedicated from shared ram. Someone told me the more RAM I have the more VRAM I have. So If I have 8gb of ram VRAM will be 1 to 5 percent of the 8 gigs of ram installed, 16 th I will have 5 percent and 32 I will have 4 to 5 percent.

I really love APU of AMD. I don't waste money on ext video card when CPU has it built in. Tell me how to omit this or flaw the rule of not being able to exceed 3gb video memory.

Ragahv

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2012
I want to assign more than 3GB max VRAM to vega 11 GPU and I have amd apu 3400g CPU.

Is there a hack for bios to get around the limit. I know I have 16gb ram and I will loose system memory then if I take more VRAM out of ram.

Don't limit my acc admin if you hear hack word. All I try to determine is to modify my bios to access more than 3gb VRAM. So will Vega 11 get more VRAM of a game demands say 4 to 5Gb . Some new AAA games need 4 to 5gb on ultra video settings. Say it's locked to 3gb on asrock or asus board then if Vega 11 needs more should it take.

Hello,
The on-chip GPU simply lacks the processing power to utilize more video memory. Even if you find a mod to support more than that (I doubt it is a BIOS limitation), it is not going to substitute this requirement. Consider the very existence of on-chip GPU being a feature, and not a memory being a limitation. For 3A games you are looking into, you might want to get a dedicated GPU to have the proper experience.

Reactions: Rollingrasta
Solution
Jul 12, 2021
Also depends on the motherboard I'm running a 2400g on a strix b450-f but can configure it as high as up to half my ram amount say 8gb=4 16=8 Uma so on haven't tested beyond that amount