[SOLVED] Increase wifi speed.

Solution
I live in a rented apartment and I can't do any work. Is there any alternative?
An apartment has the problem of dozens of competing WIFI signals. You will never get great performance because there are just too many competing WIFI sources.
You need to start by getting an app for your phone that lets you visualize all the WIFI around you. 2.4Ghz WIFI will be useless. You will have to use 5Ghz and probably 40Mhz channel width. You need to visually find the least crowded frequencies to put your WIFI on.

kanewolf

Titan
Hi,

How can I increase the coverage of my WIFI without losing too much speed?

Currently I have this wifi extender Tenda PH5 AV1000 Wi-Fi Powerline Adapter Kit with Gigabit Ports, Wi-Fi Powerline Extender, Plug and Play, for HD/3D/4K Video Streaming and Gaming , UK Plug Version, White: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories but it doesn't deliver as nearly as the speed I get when I am connected to the main router which is about 800mbps.
Run ethernet cabling. Use coax with MoCA adapters. There is no magic method. A copper cable is the only way to get high speed networking.

Reactions: Tuffi

kanewolf

Titan
I live in a rented apartment and I can't do any work. Is there any alternative?
An apartment has the problem of dozens of competing WIFI signals. You will never get great performance because there are just too many competing WIFI sources.
You need to start by getting an app for your phone that lets you visualize all the WIFI around you. 2.4Ghz WIFI will be useless. You will have to use 5Ghz and probably 40Mhz channel width. You need to visually find the least crowded frequencies to put your WIFI on.

Reactions: Tuffi
Solution