[SOLVED] Increasing mhz with 4 sticks of RAM

Mar 30, 2022
So I went from 2x8 of Patriot Viper Steel 3200 mhz RAM to to 4x8 of the same RAM on an Asrock b450M PRO4 Motherboard. When I was running 2, i was able to get it to 3000 mhz without running into issues. After installing the 2 extra sticks, it is stuck at 2133 and I can't find the configuration to increase it. I know I cant XMP because of the RAM, but if I can't get it above 2133, I am going to take the sticks out and go back to 2. Anyone know the ideal profile for OC?

Solution
So I went from 2x8 of Patriot Viper Steel 3200 mhz RAM to to 4x8 of the same RAM on an Asrock b450M PRO4 Motherboard. When I was running 2, i was able to get it to 3000 mhz without running into issues. After installing the 2 extra sticks, it is stuck at 2133 and I can't find the configuration to increase it. I know I cant XMP because of the RAM, but if I can't get it above 2133, I am going to take the sticks out and go back to 2. Anyone know the ideal profile for OC?
Adding ram to the orig ram is iffy.
There could be just enough diff in the sticks that they won't place nice together.

Perhaps get the proper bios and chipset driver.....test.
The issue lays in the xmp profile for dual channel. You would have better luck buying ram with xmp support

Adding ram to the orig ram is iffy.
There could be just enough diff in the sticks that they won't place nice together.

Perhaps get the proper bios and chipset driver.....test.

Reactions: white.a.drew
Solution
What CPU do you have?

for Zen+ at 4 sticks is going to be a little mix and match. you should give a thaiphoon burner read of EACH kit (just 1 ram per kit since 1 kit does have the same IC) to let us know what's the memory ic used, after that send a zentimings read without XMP enabled, then send both screenshot here. Probably i could help you after i know either IC's from each kit are the same, or different. also zentimings read.