[SOLVED] increasing my cpu performance

republicgamer01

Prominent
Jan 21, 2020
im going to change my gpu from gtx 750TI ,to gtx 1660. My cpu is i5-6600(non k), and im going to replace the stock cooler with a more potent cooler. Is there a way to squeeze more performance out of my cpu without affecting its lifespan ?

Solution
im going to change my gpu from gtx 750TI ,to gtx 1660. My cpu is i5-6600(non k), and im going to replace the stock cooler with a more potent cooler. Is there a way to squeeze more performance out of my cpu without affecting its lifespan ?

Not that I know, sadly the only path to increase performance keeping your current motherboard will be to get an i7 6700 (non K) that way you will have more resources to feed your new GPU (4 cores/4threads vs 4 cores/8 threads).

An what ComsicDance wrote too, dual channel memory is super important!

ProPlayerGR

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2016
Since you have the non-k model you can't overclock it, so I don't think you can do anything else to squeeze more performance out of it.

Not that I know, sadly the only path to increase performance keeping your current motherboard will be to get an i7 6700 (non K) that way you will have more resources to feed your new GPU (4 cores/4threads vs 4 cores/8 threads).

An what ComsicDance wrote too, dual channel memory is super important!

Solution