[SOLVED] Increasing range of wifi

Solution
My modem and router combo is kept at the end of my house which i cannot shift . How to increase its range other than wifi extenders ??
There is no easy way. WIFI is not like AM radio. You can't try to "blast" a signal. The client devices have to link back. They don't have much transmit power. You need to add more WIFI origination points. That usually means using some kind of wired network back to your primary router. Ethernet cabling is best. Then MoCA or powerline networking. Worst option is repeaters.

So what is your choice ...

kanewolf

Titan
My modem and router combo is kept at the end of my house which i cannot shift . How to increase its range other than wifi extenders ??
There is no easy way. WIFI is not like AM radio. You can't try to "blast" a signal. The client devices have to link back. They don't have much transmit power. You need to add more WIFI origination points. That usually means using some kind of wired network back to your primary router. Ethernet cabling is best. Then MoCA or powerline networking. Worst option is repeaters.

So what is your choice ...

Solution