sirjan.king146

Prominent
Jul 22, 2018
I recently brought AsusM509DA with AMD Ryzen 5 3500u and a vega 8 integrated graphic card. As APU 8 share system RAM for as VRAM.

Currently, on my laptop, 4 GB RAM is installed out of which 512 MB is shared by the APU for VRAM.
I need to know-how to increase the VRAM from 512 MB to 1 GB or 2 GB.

Also, it will increase VRAM allocated for the graphic card if more ram 8 GB is installed automatically or not.

Lutfij

Titan
No offence but a sentence becomes a question only when a question mark is added to the end of it. Also the ram on your laptop is 8GB, with one slot empty? If so then you have the option to go to 16GB of DDR4 ram but the option increase the VRAM can and only be found in BIOS.

Logically all laptop will be allocated with 2GB of VRAM for the APU, regardless of what you do and I think that is the limit that I'm seeing across other threads and makes of laptops with the same APU as yours.

sirjan.king146

Prominent
Jul 22, 2018
No offence but a sentence becomes a question only when a question mark is added to the end of it. Also the ram on your laptop is 8GB, with one slot empty? If so then you have the option to go to 16GB of DDR4 ram but the option increase the VRAM can and only be found in BIOS.

Logically all laptop will be allocated with 2GB of VRAM for the APU, regardless of what you do and I think that is the limit that I'm seeing across other threads and makes of laptops with the same APU as yours.

Hi,

Thanks for speedy reply,

My device currently have 4 GB RAM installed and the laptop support upto 12 GB of memory .

I didn't find any option to increase VRAM in BIOS.