Incredibly loud (or at least to me) new build.

Lionheart360

Honorable
Sep 26, 2013
I just recently built my first gaming PC. After I finished, I noticed that fans seemed to be a lot louder than I originally expected. So, I went into the BIOS and tried turning down the case fans to silent, but this really had no impact on the sound level and probably didn't even do anything to the case fans. Now, I'm wondering what is making all that noise. With headphones on, it doesn't bother me, but without headphones, it gets quite annoying. My system:
Case: CM Haf 922
CPU: Intel i5-4670k
GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 OC 4gb
CPU Cooler: Noctua nh-d14
Memory: 8gb Corsair RAM 1600mghz
Storage: 1 TB Seagate SSHD Hybrid Drive
Motherboard: Asus Z87-A LGA 1150

Could any of these parts be making the majority of the sound, or is it just the combination of them? Also, is there anyway to turn down the cpu, gpu, and other fans in the MOBO? Thanks for the help. I'm still a PC newbie and am learning my way around in the PC world.

Solution
I do not really see a reason as to why your computer should be running loud. What case fans are you running and yes there are programs to play with fan speeds. I use Asus AI suite 3 And you should be able to use it since your running a Asus Motherboard. You might have to use AI suite 2 but check their website and try it out

KiloWolf

Honorable
Dec 31, 2013
I do not really see a reason as to why your computer should be running loud. What case fans are you running and yes there are programs to play with fan speeds. I use Asus AI suite 3 And you should be able to use it since your running a Asus Motherboard. You might have to use AI suite 2 but check their website and try it out

Solution

Lionheart360

Honorable
Sep 26, 2013

It may not be loud to a pc veteran, but to me its just too much. Even when there are no programs running or anything, it's loud. I'll try out those programs though.

TRENDING THREADS