[SOLVED] Incredibly slow download MB/s after wipe

OrientalFlavored

Commendable
Dec 3, 2019
As the title suggests I just upgraded my system with a new mobo and cpu, wiped my SSD's and HDD, reinstalled windows 10 and now seemingly have a horrible download speed. For reference before my wipe on my old build I could hit around 7 MB/s - 5 MB/s even with YouTube on in the background comfortably and I was and still am the same Ethernet cable. Now downloading anything, whether that be from the Stream, Rockstar Launcher or anything from google caps itself 2-3 MB/s. I can't even load a video with a download going in the background. Any ideas? Thanks for the help!

Solution
A linux live cd will boot to a fully functional linux OS where you can run a browser and test your speed. If it isn't working right here then it's potentially a hardware issue.

OrientalFlavored

Commendable
Dec 3, 2019
A linux live cd will boot to a fully functional linux OS where you can run a browser and test your speed. If it isn't working right here then it's potentially a hardware issue.
Could this just be an issue with the ISP or are mobo's known to come with dysfunctional ethernet ports on arrival sometimes? I'll give the linux thing a go and tell you