Question Independent keyboard for touch screen monitor

imthebigchief

Honorable
Nov 26, 2014
I'm not sure if this is the correct forum to ask this question, but there doesn't seem to be any other one more correct.

I have been doing computer tech work for a living for a very long time, and I have only now built and set up a new computer with a touch screen monitor. The client has a triple monitor setup. There are dual monitors near the computer, and the touch monitor is positioned near their reception window. It is used only for their appointment calendar. Mostly this screen will be used by the secretary who is sitting at the computer. No problem there. They also would like for the owner of the business to be able to enter new appointments on the calendar. Still not a problem, as they are satisfied with the built in Windows onscreen kb.

What they would really like is for him to be able to go and make an entry on the touch screen calendar, without interrupting whatever the secretary is working on, which I was not aware of prior to putting this system together. With the windows onscreen keyboard, it is acting as the same keyboard that is attached to the computer, so if he tries to type on the touch screen it takes over as the main keyboard and affects her while she is working on something else.

So, the question is: can there be a virtual keyboard added that only operates the touch screen and is completely independent from the system keyboard? I have tried searching Google and also on these forums, and no matter how I phrase the search, I am not finding an answer to this question.

If I had understood their desire, I probably would have had them just separately purchase a cheap vesa mountable all-in-one computer to run the calendar. Now the solution will be a cheap refurbished computer to connect to the touch screen, if there is not a good solution to my question.

Thanks for your attention, and I will be glad for any advise.

TRENDING THREADS