Indie Hit Spelunky HD Finally Coming to PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

AzureFlash

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2006

"I'm entitled to an awesome, highly replayable, challenging dungeon crawler indie game for free because it's not cutting edge 3D graphics!!!"

That's how you sound right now.

tadej petric

Honorable
Feb 9, 2013

Im used to bad graphics and 2D stuff. Its just that they want money for it and its probably thing like minecraft where you can do everything but get bored quickly. As a game with not much fans they should go f2p.

Im not going to spend money on something I dont know if its good.

I guess I sound wrong...

tadej petric

Honorable
Feb 9, 2013
"I'm entitled to an awesome, highly replayable, challenging dungeon crawler indie game for free because it's not cutting edge 3D graphics!!!"
That's how you sound right now.
Im used to crappy graphics and 2D stuf and hell yes I would play it but Im not going to pay for something Im not sure its good. They should go f2p to get some more fans. You may say its good but Its what I want to be sure its good, not you.
I guess I sound wrong...

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008

No, you aren't entitled to anything. With that impeccable (sarcasm) logic, every game ever released should be f2p. If you can't afford to buy a humble bundle, then you probably shouldn't be gaming.

Mine craft is an excellent creative game. It was well worth the price I paid and the time no put into it building things and exploring. It is not the developers fault that you lack imagination. The kids especially love it these days.

AzureFlash

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2006

Wanting to know if you'll like it before buying it is a legitimate concern. For most games you have to rely on first impression videos, reviews or demos... But for Spelunky, there's the original game right there free to play! I don't see what's stopping you. http://spelunkyworld.com/original.html

Don't like the original? Then don't bother. Like the original, but you don't think the HD version has enough extras (what extras there are will probably be listed in detail when the game is released) to be worth the (probably puny) price they'll ask for? Then stick with the original. Personally, even if they just put Spelunky on Steam with some minor polishing and put a 5$ tag on it, I'd gladly add it to my collection because indie games are awesome and I like Spelunky.

immanuel_aj

Honorable
Nov 28, 2012
Unfortunately, the original game was far too hard for me. I couldn't be bothered spending the time to get better at it... dying at stage 2-4 repeatedly after playing for over an hour just got old.

AzureFlash

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2006

Some games have a pretty unique feel to them, like Spelunky. Being "equivalent" or whatever isn't even cutting it close. If we followed your reasoning, we'd only have one game of every genre.

One friendly tip for you, if you didn't already know: avoid any "roguelike" game like the plague.

Status
Not open for further replies.