Individually Sleeved PSU Cables?

B3NDY

Reputable
Apr 18, 2014
So I was wanting to make my PC look a littler nicer and was thinking of getting some nice PSU cables. Now I don't really mind extensions since I've got plenty of room for stashing away extra cable but was wandering which option would be best.

Firstly its quite expensive so was wandering where I might be able to get them cheapest and also if not would it be worth doing it myself?

I know it takes a lot of time to do them myself but I'd be willing if it saves a lot of money but just to mention I don't have any of the tools that I'd need

Just seeing what your guys' opinion was and whether I should buy and if so where from and also if I should do them myself are there any good tutorials and places I could pick up the parts I'd need?

Thanks

What PSU are you using, and what cables would you be using?
It will likely be cheaper in the long run to get a sleeved 24pin, 8 pin EPS, and whatever PCI cables you would need.

Full kits are expensive for modular units, and the materials and tools would not be worth while if its just for a single rig.

B3NDY

Reputable
Apr 18, 2014

The PSU is the Corsair RM850 so its fully modular... Like you said I would likely only do the major cables and leave smaller ones as stock but then I may want to do different colours in the future which is why I am considering doing them myself and getting all the tools.

IamTimTech

Admirable
Oct 13, 2014
Custom cables are not hard to make if you have knack for crafts and patience, being well organized and methodical are rather helpful too. Being able to draw and follow a diagram is rather important. It isn't terribly hard to do, but can be rather difficult to make look cut and clean if you do not have a natural touch for thinks of that nature. When measuring take into account the curve of the cables. There are a tons of different methods and write ups, but essentially it is the same. Just take your time, measure twice and pay close attention to detail and you should do alright.

Keep in mind you will spend similar amounts purchasing a set and making your own. It would probably more efficient if you purchased enough supplies to make two sets to make your initial investment for tools more justifiable. Good looking custom cables are a great way to set your PC apart from others and that in and of itself can be all the reason you need.

IamTimTech

Admirable
Oct 13, 2014

All of the local ones have closed, most are closing there doors. It's sad, because it was one of my favorite stores but I understand how because I only ever had to go there but twice a year.