Feb 16, 2020
Hello guys so i have a ryzen 3400g and an msi gtx 960 oc and B450 aorus mob and 3100mhz 8giga of ram and im trying to run gta 5 online but im only getting 40 fps with the lowest graphics possible what should i do ???????????????

Solution
Getting another 8gb may or may not work even if it's identical, memory is very finicky which is why it's tested and sold together as a kit.

Make sure the RAM is running at 3000/3200 (whatever it's rated for) in the BIOS. Usually you have to enable XMP/DOCP or whatever it's called based on the manufacturer or it runs at 2133 stock which has a massive difference in gaming performance (can be like a 25 FPS difference or at least little to no FPS dips). If you do enable XMP and it doesn't boot properly then refer to the motherboard manual as you may need to change which slot the stick is in (if 4 slots it's usually the A2 slot for a single stick).

WildCard999

Titan
Is the monitor connected to the motherboard or 960? If connected to the motherboard then your only using the Vega 11 iGPU and not the 960.

Can you confirm the speed of the memory in the BIOS? You may need to enable XMP to get the correct speed.

Do you have the newest drivers installed for the 960? Old or outdated drivers could cause poor performance

Where did you get the game from? Steam, disk, etc.

As @drivinfast247 stated, if it's only a single stick then that's part of the problem as well since Ryzen performs better in dual channel.

Reactions: Unolocogringo

WildCard999

Titan
Getting another 8gb may or may not work even if it's identical, memory is very finicky which is why it's tested and sold together as a kit.

Make sure the RAM is running at 3000/3200 (whatever it's rated for) in the BIOS. Usually you have to enable XMP/DOCP or whatever it's called based on the manufacturer or it runs at 2133 stock which has a massive difference in gaming performance (can be like a 25 FPS difference or at least little to no FPS dips). If you do enable XMP and it doesn't boot properly then refer to the motherboard manual as you may need to change which slot the stick is in (if 4 slots it's usually the A2 slot for a single stick).

Solution
Feb 16, 2020
Is the monitor connected to the motherboard or 960? If connected to the motherboard then your only using the Vega 11 iGPU and not the 960.

Can you confirm the speed of the memory in the BIOS? You may need to enable XMP to get the correct speed.

Do you have the newest drivers installed for the 960? Old or outdated drivers could cause poor performance

Where did you get the game from? Steam, disk, etc.

As @drivinfast247 stated, if it's only a single stick then that's part of the problem as well since Ryzen performs better in dual channel.
its saying DRAM frequency 1330.6mhz is that wrong because the ram frequency 3100 mhz

Feb 16, 2020
In your motherboard BIOS, you should be able to select a memory speed of 3000. Likely in the MIT section of your BIOS under Advanced Memory Settings or something similar.
y bro i enabled that and when i rebbot and check CPU-Z it says DRAM Freq 1470.9 or smthng like that and my ram is 3000Mhz so what should i do ?