[SOLVED] inexpensive weatherproof USB camera?

Sep 25, 2018
i have a mail/package thief.. does anyone know where i can get a weatherproof USB camera?.. i have a balcony overlooking the area my packages are delivered that i could mount it on, and my desktop is not even 25 feet from that spot with a window.. so i figure i'll get a cheap USB camera to link up and monitor the situation

suggestions?

Solution
Firstly, 25 feet is over the 15 foot spec length for USB. Longer may work, but don't count on it.

Secondly, how are you going to snake the cable outside?

Thirdly, cheap cameras have crappy resolution. "Human in a red sweatshirt" is about all you're going to get from "cheap".

USAFRet

Titan
Firstly, 25 feet is over the 15 foot spec length for USB. Longer may work, but don't count on it.

Secondly, how are you going to snake the cable outside?

Thirdly, cheap cameras have crappy resolution. "Human in a red sweatshirt" is about all you're going to get from "cheap".

Solution
Sep 25, 2018
i could tell if it was a neighbor of mine or not which i suspect but have no proof.. 15 feet would probably work, my tower is about 4 feet to the window and its maybe another 4-6 to the edge of the balcony.. a little space to tuck it into the corners.. and obviously im just going to put the cable through my window

yeah, something like that.. or maybe this i guess? no reviews on it though

https://www.amazon.com/WinnerEco-Waterproof-Camera-Android-Unit/dp/B01MCUMR76/