Question Inexplicable stutter/hitching that carried over to my new PC ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

agonydear

Honorable
Nov 26, 2018
Ok, this might be a long post, but I will try to make it short. I’m about to give up on PC gaming because this is driving me crazy.

Issue : when browsing through websites that have a lot of content, I have stutters/hitching when this content is loading. Same happens in games, whenever textures or something is loading, my PC skips frames. I have a video showcasing this issue. In the end, after trying to fix this for years, I said F it and bought a completely new PC. Here are the specs:

i9 10850k stock
MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus
Corsair Vengeance Pro 3600 CL18 32GB Dual Channel
Corsair RM750 PSU
Sapphire Pulse RX 6600 XT
Samsung EVO 500GB
Philips 24inch 1080p 75Hz Freesync monitor
Licensed Windows 10 Pro

Parts that I’m yet to change:
  1. Air cooler for the CPU
  2. Monitor
So, sounds nice right? Well, guess what, I HAVE LITERALLY THE SAME ISSUE.

Things I’ve tried:
  • Different Windows versions with different drivers
  • Different peripherals (mouse, keyboard)
  • Trying all kinds of Windows tweaking
  • Changing PC parts with different brands
  • Tweaking BIOS settings, tweaking RAM, tweaking CPU, tweaking GPU or trying a different one all-together
  • Trying with no programs installed, just Windows with drivers only
  • Changing living place, thinking it might be the electricity
  • Buying a completely new system, as you can see
Nothing is helping. I went as far as thinking it might be my monitor creating those weird stutters even though I know monitor cannot create FPS drops. But I dunno what to do at this point. If someone has any idea, let me know please. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Ok, this might be a long post, but I will try to make it short. I’m about to give up on PC gaming because this is driving me crazy.

I have an unexplainable stutter/hitching and input lag issues going on with both old and now new PC. Only a little more than a month ago, I had a DDR3 system with i7 4790k, Z97 motherboard, different types of SSDs and HDDs, 2400mhz high end 16GB RAM, RX 580 8GB later upgraded to 6600 XT. I was battling this issue for nearly THREE years by changing parts and doing all kinds of stuff on my PC. Even changed apartments thinking it might be the electricity.

Here’s the issue: whenever something is loading, whether it be a content on a website or textures in a game, my PC stutter HEAVILY, dropping frames and making it unbearable until everything loads. Basically, I don’t even need a game for this, it’s enough to scroll through websites to get this stutter when content is loading (like comments on youtube or ads with mini videos or gifs on any website). In the end, after trying to fix this for years, I said F it and bought a completely new PC. Here are the specs:

i9 10850k stock
MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus
Corsair Vengeance Pro 3600 CL18 32GB Dual Channel
Corsair RM750 PSU
Sapphire Pulse RX 6600 XT
Samsung EVO 500GB
Licensed Windows 10 Pro

Parts that I’m yet to change:
  1. Air cooler for CPU
  2. Monitor
So, sounds nice right? Well, guess what, I HAVE LITERALLY THE SAME ISSUE. It’s just hard to deal with at this point.

Things I’ve tried:
  1. Different Windows versions with different drivers
  2. Different peripherals (mouse, keyboard)
  3. Trying all kinds of Windows tweaking
  4. Changing PC parts with different brands
  5. Tweaking BIOS settings, tweaking RAM, tweaking CPU, tweaking GPU or trying a different one all-together
  6. Trying with no programs installed, just Windows with drivers only
  7. Buying a completely new system, as you can see
Nothing.is.helping. Just nothing. Games, websites, DOESN’T MATTER, it stutters whenever something is loading in the system! HOW TO BATTLE THIS? Want to also mention that I did memtests and all kinds of tests, NO ERRORS anywhere! Can monitor or my air cooler really be the reason? I have no idea what to do, so please, if anyone can stop me from throwing this PC to trash, let me know! I’m so tired of this at this point that I’m basically lost at what to do. Thanks in advance.
Just to take a look.

Download this.
UBM

Reboot.
Wait a few mins.
Run UBM with the browser closed.
Post a link to the results page.

Reactions: agonydear
Status
Not open for further replies.