.inf driver files for system transfer

Borisstanfield

Commendable
May 18, 2016
Hi there, i'm trying to transfer my user/ files/ programs from my old PC to my new one using EaseUS Todo backup software and I'm following the steps on their guide here:

http://kb.easeus.com/art.php?id=10008

However i don't know how to find the right driver files as listed in the third preliminary step. I spoke to their tech support who said that i should just need the motherboard drivers, but there are a ton of .inf files that i don't know how to distinguish.

I've downloaded the drivers again from the ASUS website (the mobo is a Maximus viii hero) but there are no .inf files in the folder, and i don't want to re-install the drivers unless i need to, just to stick them on a USB stick so i can retrieve them when i transfer my old hard drive to my new PC.

Can someone point me in the right direction? let me know if i've left any crucial info out.
Cheers

Tradesman1

Legenda in Aeternum
Are we talking to a different HD, different OS or what? SImply moving the program files isn't really going to accomplish anything as they need to actually be installed - during installation they get their crucial info loaded into the registry. Are you keeping the old PC? If not, can generally just take the old drive and install into the new rig and go from there.

Borisstanfield

Commendable
May 18, 2016

Yeah it will be a new hard drive, i'm cloning the HDD on my laptop so i can stick it in my new Desktop without risking damage to the laptop (it's still good as a backup). I'm trying to install the hard drive/ transfer the user to my new PC with the EaseUS Todo backup software. The guide say's that it needs a Disk image/ backup, a Windows PE bootable USB and "The inf driver file of the new hardware on target machine.". But i can't seem to find the right files, or rather i can find a bunch of .inf files, but i have no idea which ones the software will need to transfer old user into the new computer successfully.

Would you suggest not bothering with this step and just sticking the cloned HDD into the new machine and trying to download the drivers when/ if it boots up?

edit: Oh and yeah they are both running Win 10.
Sorry if i'm not being clear.