.INF drivers on Linux ever possible to run?

Mike BD

Reputable
May 3, 2015
Hello there.
I've been missing a while as much as I'm in college and I'm actually developing LINUX as much as I can.
There's only one thing that has been giving me headaches since I've started,the .INF drivers from Windows-oriented devices can't do their job in a LINUX system.
I agree that is quite wrong to port Windows drivers on LINUX,but,it's the only chance to ever use my LINUX PC as a primary tool.

Any kind of help is highly appreciated.

molletts

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2009
What hardware are you trying to find a driver for? If it's a WiFi card, there's ndiswrapper which can, apparently, load Windows WiFi drivers. I've never needed to use it, though.

I've been running Linux as my only OS since late 2000 (and as a second OS since early 1994) and have always been able to get my hardware working. These days (the last 10 years or so), it seems to "just work" far more easily than getting Windows up and running on a new system.

Mike BD

Reputable
May 3, 2015

I'll try and send you the news.

Mike BD

Reputable
May 3, 2015

I'll try on a working Linux Live and come back with the answer.
Tried: Run in a:

Error 1013

Meaning: SP flash tool encountered an error while attempting to communicate with the phone via the target port

Solution:
* Try using a different port on the PC
* Try a different version of SP flash tool
* Install VCOM drivers using https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-440.html
* Ensure the phone is switched off with battery inside before connecting to the PC for flashing
* Try using a different PC
* Try changing the USB cord
* Ensure the phone's USB port isn't damaged

Going to change the SP Flash version for now.

molletts

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2009

I assume you are using the native Linux version of the SP Flash tool rather than trying to run the Windows one with Wine? It seems odd that it's asking you to install Windows drivers. Also, are you sudoing it as indicated in the Linux howto thread I linked earlier?

Mike BD

Reputable
May 3, 2015

The LINUX native,yes. Na,ups,forgot one -> (when I tried getting to run) Flash Tool.

Mike BD

Reputable
May 3, 2015
Unfortunately,if SP Flash Tool will go into error 2005 and you're not able to switch on the phone,it won't be rescued on a second attempt as it would on Windows.
I'm forced to switch back to Windows.