Infa Red Port

Hi, How do I know If I have an infa red port??? Also what are COM ports??

Thanks everyone

You may want to read the manual that came with the computer.

Hi and Now wrote:

> Hi, How do I know If I have an infa red port??? Also what are COM ports??
>
> Thanks everyone

What kind of computer is it? If it's a laptop, infrared options can be
enabled in the BIOS. All you need to do is just associate the infrared port
with a free COM port. I use COM3 for mine on my Inspiron 600m.

Michael Katz
[Microsoft MVP - MSN Client]
"There's no I in 'team' but there is 'me'"
http://msmvps.com/msntral

This posting is provided 'AS IS' with no warranties, and confers no rights.