Infinite boot loop

JVG1023

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2016
Every so often I have completely restart my PC I often find myself having to fight with this infinite boot loop problem. I have found some ways that work sometimes like going into safe mode and then restarting but they don't work consistently at all. Once all I had to do was click continue to Windows 10 after going to the troubleshoot menu. I have yet to find the cause of this problem or a 100% fix for it. thanks for your help

Solution

Download a copy of win 10 from Here. Use that tool to create a win 10 installer on USB - we can use it to boot.

change boot order so USB is 1st, hdd/ssd second
boot from installer
on screen after languages, choose repair this PC, not install
chose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose start up repair - this might fix your problem - will ask for logon info

Did this PC come with Win 10? Do you have the updated version of win 10 that came out last week? If not, you can use the same link I showed above to get the Update assistant which will get you the new version.

Another fix is just boot into safe mode
use...

Colif

Win 11 Master
Next time you in advanced start up, select troubleshoot/advanced/start up repair
this scans PC and might fix the problem associated with a fresh boot. IT will ask for logon details

Restart in win 10 only time PC actually turns off.

JVG1023

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2016

Colif

Win 11 Master

Download a copy of win 10 from Here. Use that tool to create a win 10 installer on USB - we can use it to boot.

change boot order so USB is 1st, hdd/ssd second
boot from installer
on screen after languages, choose repair this PC, not install
chose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose start up repair - this might fix your problem - will ask for logon info

Did this PC come with Win 10? Do you have the updated version of win 10 that came out last week? If not, you can use the same link I showed above to get the Update assistant which will get you the new version.

Another fix is just boot into safe mode
use installer again, choose repair this PC
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose start up options
should be 3 choices for safe mode, which you pick doesn't matter too much
PC will restart in safe mode. You don't have to do anything here, just restart pc and see if it boots.

Solution