Infinite startup repair loop cmd/Win7 boot disk/safemode dont work. Windows 7 64x

surazaL

Prominent
Aug 5, 2017
The only thing i have on my new SSD is Windows 7. In the middle of the night while browsing i got a BSOD but it flashed so quick that i didnt get a chance to read it. On the subsequent reboot i got the startup repair screen. the first error that came up was "system32 is unreadable and lots of related errors which i assume were the contents of the system32 folder.

After the errors stopped it attempted to fix my startup to no avail. The details stated something along the lines of "your os is incompatible with startup repair".

First i tried to boot in safe mode but its not clear how to that on my bios. Ive tried F1-F12 with the only ones that worked being the only ones that were labeled such as "bios" and "boot menu". I decided to look up how to get to safe mode through CMD, since i can access cmd from the startup repair screen. I did as i was instructed and i got the "operation completed successfully" line, i restarted and boom, back to startup repair. so i tried other cmd things suck as sfc /scannow (got a line that said the computer needed to restart, restarted several times adn nothing) and chkdsk both to no effect. I also tried this https://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/139576-startup-repair-infinite-loop-recovery.html No effect.

Finally i tried to use a windows 7 install disc, every time i pressed "cdrom" from the boot menu it would say (Boot from CDROM) Then go straight to startup repair again.

Any help would be appreciated, im at my wits end. Thanks in advance guys.

Solution
Alright so i switched the sata and power cables from the ssd to the cdrom and vice versa. This fixed the cdrom not reading discs, after this i ran the windows 7 install and just installed another version of windows, i guess the only way to fix this problem is a clean install. Good thing nothing was on the drive, save for Windows 7.

surazaL

Prominent
Aug 5, 2017
Alright so i switched the sata and power cables from the ssd to the cdrom and vice versa. This fixed the cdrom not reading discs, after this i ran the windows 7 install and just installed another version of windows, i guess the only way to fix this problem is a clean install. Good thing nothing was on the drive, save for Windows 7.

Solution