News Inflated GeForce GTX 1630 Pricing Strikes Early US and UK Buyers

pacdrum_88

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2014
Simple fix: give it the same "don't like the performance per dollar, don't buy" treatment as the RX6500 and the pricing should correct itself soon enough.

I think it's crazy that I bought an RX 560 for $50 that's going into my Plex server, and the performance is comparable to this 1630. This should have been a $79.99 special with 2 GB of VRAM.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
I think it's crazy that I bought an RX 560 for $50 that's going into my Plex server, and the performance is comparable to this 1630. This should have been a $79.99 special with 2 GB of VRAM.

We call that the GT1030, though currently $89.99. There is a minimum cost to build one of these things, and I think they are nearly there.

InvalidError

Titan
We call that the GT1030, though currently $89.99. There is a minimum cost to build one of these things, and I think they are nearly there.
Yup. Component, material, labor, etc. prices being what they are now, manufacturing any GPU of meaningful capabilities under $100 while turning any sort of profit must be somewhere between difficult and impossible.

This excuse doesn't fly half as well once you pass the $150 mark, then we deserve much better than the crap we're currently getting.