Discussion Info Blown PSU

Pradz Kindmeadows

Reputable
Mar 21, 2016
Guys, I got a very worse experience lately and it includes a blown psu and is still three days before 4th of July and my cp just pop a capacitor with a loud bang. The cause of it is a lighting strike a few miles from my house while I play DOTA 2. The when the lighting strike hit I got surprise about and check if my pc was ok, Will it was working fine and since the pc was connected to voltage surge protector, It didn't bother me much but to be safe I properly shut down my pc and call it quits. The next day that is today I boot my pc to check my email and bang the psu pops a capacitor which I suspect it was cause by the lightning strike. Just to safe guys who this tread if there is a lighting storm happening in your area better stop playing your pc shut it off and full every plug that is connected to it that include the power plug and RJ 45 just to be sure unless your like me. Stay safe.

Pradz Kindmeadows

Reputable
Mar 21, 2016
Its an old psu that comes with the pc. The brand stricker are faded also my I also suspect my anti surge protector is also damage I'm also checking if relay switch inside is properly working. Just this psu problem is giving one hell of a headache cause I have to by a new one and I have to check if my mobo is alright.