Info upgrade Lenovo

Oct 8, 2018
Hello guys, I have a question for you, I'm the owner of a Lenovo z500 (core i7, 8 giga ram, 2 giga Nvidia graphic), I work with 3d modeling, I'm wondering myself if It's convenient to run an upgrade, such us I was thinking to place a SSD crucial 250giga, move my HDD 1T to the dvd place, and put 16 giga ram, all of it with $160, my question is if it is convenient, I mean if I'll have some benefits, thanks in advance!

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
Getting SSD over HDD for sure is a lot more convenient since you'll get up to 5x faster read/write times. SSD won't increase PC's performance but it gives you more time for productive work which before was wasted on waiting when HDD was reading/writing data. Those also include PC boot up, shut down and application loading times provided you move your OS to SSD.
Video comparison: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j84eEjP-RL4

Additional RAM helps in rendering by giving you more "space" to load complex 3D models. E.g if RAM gets full, your PC can stutter and it takes more time to load objects (since PC needs to free up some RAM for new data), compared to when you'd have 16GB of RAM.