Question Info with the choice of the case

Grealish01

Great
BANNED
Jan 22, 2022
Hello, I have to choose a case and I have a particular need, I have to make sure that it is possible to put a 140 fan in the center on the front bulkhead, not as in the default position that you see in the photos of the houses with 2 front fans, in that case the fan at the bottom is too low, so either I have to take one of those houses that appears in the pictures with 2 larger fans, but then I would have to position it those 10 cm higher than the lowest position between the two, but seeing the photos of how they are the aluminum predispositions to put the screws I see that the positions are only 2 or above or below, that is, it does not seem to me that they allow you to slightly move the fan vertically, there is no middle ground.

The second thing is to take one of those cases on which you can install 3 fans on the front and put the fan in a central position, but then I should make sure that there is provision for a larger fan than the stock one (140 or 120 mm)

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Dozens of cases that allow you to move fans up and down in the front of the case. Maybe not exactly centered, and typically 120mm fans are centered in cases, 140mm fans often get offset.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/bCYQzy/corsair-4000d-airflow-atx-mid-tower-case-cc-9011200-ww

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/Y6...hify-c-atx-mid-tower-case-fd-ca-mesh-c-bko-tg

here you can see the fan mounts have rails that allow some positioning (usually the difference between fitting a radiator or not) This is common from mid-range to high end chasis.

I suggest picking a few cases and then looking through PC Partpicker's completed builds section to see execution of what you are looking for.

Reactions: Grealish01

Grealish01

Great
BANNED
Jan 22, 2022
thanks for the information, another question, on some houses is it possible to put the panel semi open? in the sense that it is not placed in correspondence with the fixed part but more displaced towards the outside in order to let the air pass laterally. I apologize for the inconvenience but unfortunately I cannot find certain information on the internet.

USAFRet

Titan
thanks for the information, another question, on some houses is it possible to put the panel semi open? in the sense that it is not placed in correspondence with the fixed part but more displaced towards the outside in order to let the air pass laterally. I apologize for the inconvenience but unfortunately I cannot find certain information on the internet.
Cases are built to be fully assembled.

Not with one or more panels open.

Hello, I have to choose a case and I have a particular need, I have to make sure that it is possible to put a 140 fan in the center on the front bulkhead, not as in the default position that you see in the photos of the houses with 2 front fans, in that case the fan at the bottom is too low, so either I have to take one of those houses that appears in the pictures with 2 larger fans, but then I would have to position it those 10 cm higher than the lowest position between the two, but seeing the photos of how they are the aluminum predispositions to put the screws I see that the positions are only 2 or above or below, that is, it does not seem to me that they allow you to slightly move the fan vertically, there is no middle ground.

The second thing is to take one of those cases on which you can install 3 fans on the front and put the fan in a central position, but then I should make sure that there is provision for a larger fan than the stock one (140 or 120 mm)
A lot of cases allow this these days. I can only speak from my experience, for my case I have the Fractal Meshify C. That has rails for the front fans rather than fixed holes, so you can move the fans up and down.

Reactions: Grealish01