Infomercial Gadgets on Tom's Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I thought the Magic Bullet was a vibrator?

You should review the Slap Chop. Then somebody should review the hooker that bit off Vince's tongue, I'm sure someone at Tom's would love to take her for a test-drive on the company's dime.

G

Thank god Billy Mays shit the bucket. His "Mighty Putty" product didn't for for crap. His so called "green to white technology" is bull. I literally mighty puttied a soda bottle to a CD jewel case over night and it still didn't hold together. How the hell did he not spill coffee on his lap or better yet, how did he pull a 18 wheeler. He should of invented a compact defibrillator, so maybe he could of saved his own ass.

ravenware

Distinguished
May 17, 2005
I thought this was a computing technologies website. (at least it was in '03 when I started visiting)
But apparently it has turned into Toms Cell Phone or Toms Random Consumer Crap. It is a good thing that toms dropped the gaming portion of their site; because whether a small blender works or not is far more interesting.

.|..

randomizer

Champion
[citation][nom]ravenware[/nom]I thought this was a computing technologies website.[/citation]
This site is. Tom's Guide is not. If you've been here since '03 you should know that by now. This page is only drawing attention to an article on TG, which gets a mere fraction of the visits that TH gets.

zak_mckraken

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2004
It's sad to see that most infomercials are so deceptive. I know that their only purpose is to convince you to buy a piece of crap, but what if instead they tried to sell you a product that actually works? Have they thought of that? Shamwow looks awesome in the commercial. Hell, it got my excited about a towel for Pete's sake! Vince (the charming prostitute beater) actually manages to get more soda off the rug that he spilled on it at first. A little search for a "real-life Shamwow usage" on Youtube brings your feet back to the ground though.

It's one thing to tell you a product is awesome, fantastic, life-changing when it's not. It's another to visually show things that will NEVER happen in a real-life scenario! Aren't there laws against that?

tomsguiderachel1

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2008
[citation][nom]randomizer[/nom]This site is. Tom's Guide is not. If you've been here since '03 you should know that by now. This page is only drawing attention to an article on TG, which gets a mere fraction of the visits that TH gets.[/citation]
Hey Randomizer. Thanks for saying what I would've said. I appreciate it. The truth is that I thought some of you Tom's Hardware guys would find this interesting, that's why we put up the notice about it in Tom's Hardware News. But hey, if you don't like it, you don't have to read it. I just wanted to give you the option.

Thanks,
Rachel Rosmarin
Editor, Tom's Guide

hawkwindeb

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2006
What ever happened to the Flow-Be or name close to that. It was a yellow hair-cutting device that attached to a vac (powerful floor canister type) cleaner. (vac not included) It had different guides that would cut hair at different lengths, etc. Did it work well? How long did one last (blade as well as overall) before you had to buy another or were out of luck if no longer selling....

Status
Not open for further replies.