Question Information and where to buy on replacement parts for HP 17T-AB200?

NCTorstenson

Commendable
Feb 19, 2017
Hello! I own an HP certified refurbished HP Pavilion 17T-AB200 and it yas working well for me, however I have been having some small issues. My first issue is that the display seems to be having some issues. The top quarter of the screen is updating just a tiny bit slower than the rest of the screen, but it is mostly only noticeable when gaming. That said, is this a GPU issue or a display issue? Is it a sign that one element is failing? Is there a repair option, or should I just replace the element?

Next, my screen has lost a screw, and the hinge has begun tearing apart the case unless I shut it very gently. How should I go about finding a screw that would replace the missing one?

Thanks!

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Simplest would be to buy a broken (parts only) laptop on ebay or something, get all the spare parts. You could even get a whole new screen to see if that gets rid of the problem.

For a screw, remove one you have, and locate a replacement. You would need to match the thread, length of shaft, and the head, likely in metric. These kinds of things might be available in small quantities on ebay, amazon, etc. Pretty rare to find those kind of screws at hardware stores.