Information bar does not appear when I/other user download a file on a
website in window xp sp2. in IE 6.0 sp2 i've reset the default level to
medium and the result does not solve it. how do i set it up so that when I
/other user on my computer download a file information bar would show up? or
does the information bar only show's up on certain website?

when i download a file it only show the pop-box saying file download
security warning with run save cance and with yellow shield. it does not show
information bar at all.

Check security settings.
Description of the Internet Explorer Information Bar in Windows XP SP2
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;843017

I shall also suggest you to look at the registry settings.

Start>Run>Regedit>Ok
Now navigate to the following key:-
HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \
Internet Settings \ Zones \ 3
In the right-pane, double-click 2200 and 2100.Check for value data.
Each DWORD value is equal to zero, one, or three. Typically, a setting
of zero sets a specific action as permitted, a setting of one causes a
prompt to appear, and a setting of three does not allow the specific action.

Ref:-http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=182569

regards,
ssg MS-MVP

regards,
ssg MS-MVP

T1J wrote:
> Information bar does not appear when I/other user download a file on a
> website in window xp sp2. in IE 6.0 sp2 i've reset the default level to
> medium and the result does not solve it. how do i set it up so that when I
> /other user on my computer download a file information bar would show up? or
> does the information bar only show's up on certain website?
>
> when i download a file it only show the pop-box saying file download
> security warning with run save cance and with yellow shield. it does not show
> information bar at all.

what's the value suppose to be on both 2200 and 2100? 1 or 3
can you check the value on your registry. i think the value is 3.

"S.Sengupta" wrote:

> Check security settings.
> Description of the Internet Explorer Information Bar in Windows XP SP2
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;843017
>
> I shall also suggest you to look at the registry settings.
>
> Start>Run>Regedit>Ok
> Now navigate to the following key:-
> HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \
> Internet Settings \ Zones \ 3
> In the right-pane, double-click 2200 and 2100.Check for value data.
> Each DWORD value is equal to zero, one, or three. Typically, a setting
> of zero sets a specific action as permitted, a setting of one causes a
> prompt to appear, and a setting of three does not allow the specific action.
>
> Ref:-http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=182569
>
> regards,
> ssg MS-MVP
>

> regards,
> ssg MS-MVP
>
> T1J wrote:
> > Information bar does not appear when I/other user download a file on a
> > website in window xp sp2. in IE 6.0 sp2 i've reset the default level to
> > medium and the result does not solve it. how do i set it up so that when I
> > /other user on my computer download a file information bar would show up? or
> > does the information bar only show's up on certain website?
> >
> > when i download a file it only show the pop-box saying file download
> > security warning with run save cance and with yellow shield. it does not show
> > information bar at all.

Yes,0x00000003(3) in both the cases.

regards,
ssg MS-MVP