Question Infrared sensor sharp tv

May 17, 2019
I bought an ir sensor for my sharp Aquos lc-55p6000u smart TV off eBay. I took it apart this evening to install, but ran into trouble when I wasn't able to find a proper guide for installation. Anyway, the two plastic connectors I removed, came off with the plastic encasement that should have remained in tact for the new one. I ran out and bought an automotive silicone to glue it back on using a thin coat painted on with a small paint brush. Let it set an hour, then reassembled the set. The TV still won't read the remote. The TV is barely past the warranty and Hisense refuses to assist me. Reading other posts from users this appears to be an ongoing issue with their TV's and customer service since sharp sold out to them. I'm not in any way familiar with TV's, but live in an area where TV's are disposable, and repair techs recommend replacing over fixing (geek squad notably). Also, I can't explain how deficient I am in this area. Layman's terms is appreciated.

May 17, 2019
I thought that also until I realized this morning that I wasn't able to use the power button on the TV to turn it off. Which leads me to believe that when I broke the plastic clamps off and reglued them on the motherboard, I didn't choose a correct glue. I almost used some thermal paste to reset it, but I wasn't sure if that was ok to use as an adhesive since I've only used it for my CPU cleaning in the past on my rig.
From what I've looked at, not many people have done this as a video or walkthrough. Other TV's yes, but this one only generic fixes like holding the power button in 30 sec while the TV is off and using headphone jack into the external remote port on the back.
Any suggestions on what glue to use to glue plastic on a motherboard? Also it just rests on top of the motherboard, no connective slots, it's bizarre, I've never seen glue used on a motherboard before, maybe that's normal. If I take it apart tonight, I'll send pictures if I can post them here.