infrared?

Phil

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2001

Anyone able to tell me how you enable infrared on in windows XP. Got new
nokia 6230 and want to use infrared to download photos. Any help appreciated.

First, enable the infrared port in the BIOS (it's usually off to conserve
battery). XP should detect its presence. After that, just send from the
phone and put your phone's infrared port next to your computer's. If
everything works properly, XP should detect that there is an incoming file.

I think that Nokia also has software for moving files to and from the phone.

-Yves