Ingame looks like low graphics on highest settings in Destiny 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 13, 2018
I'm having problems with the graphics in my game where it all looks like I have really bad graphics and/or low resolution or low render scale. The ingame settings are maxed out, the nvidia control panel settings look right and the cvar doesn't look any different from what I've picked ingame.
My ingame looks so incredibly worse than what of my friends and they have the same or lower settings than I do. My drivers are also up to date. I've tried with different monitors and with a HDMI, DVI and Display Port cable and finally did an OS reinstall but I'm still having the same problem.

Hardware specs:
CPU: i7 8700K
GPU: GTX 1070ti
SSD 250GB

Windows 10

Phazoner

Distinguished
In that precise screenshot is pretty hard to notice the settings, go to a place with vegetation or even better, try to imitate a max settings screenshot that you can find in the internet. You can also try to set your settings to the lowest, close the game and then restart and set them to the max, just in case. Maybe there's a way to clean cache in the Blizzard launcher.

Sep 13, 2018
Can't find anything about a launcher cache. :( have now tried to install it on w7 but no difference. It's so incredibly game ruining, looks like a 10 year old game at least. On my friends computer it looks 100 times better and he has worse hardware

Sep 13, 2018
MERGED QUESTION
Question from anton.eng92 : "Stuck at bad graphics on highest settings in Destiny 2."

In Destiny 2 I'm stuck at really bad graphics while every video I watch and all my friends have their game looking great! I've got maxed settings and tried all kinds of settings and deleting the config file (cvars). I've reinstalled the game 2 times, tried to install windows 7 on a different HDD and the problem still persists. I've tried changing so that be program controls 3d settings and compatibility in under properties in the .exe file and DPI settings.

I've tried 2 different monitors and 3 different cables (HDMI, DVI and display port). Also tried a much older graphics card.

My current specs are:
CPU: i7 8700K
GPU: GTX 1070 ti
16GB RAM 3000Hz
Disk: 250GB SSD
Motherboard: z370-f Gaming

Mine: https://imgur.com/a/JEbVaLU
Friends: https://imgur.com/a/YcokOjg

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Phazoner

Distinguished
I'm checking the pictures in my phone but I really appreciate much difference. The only noticeable thing is that your friends screenshot is at a lower resolution or not using AA so in his PC you can see that pixelated edges.

Edit: I checked again and noticed that your textures are very low-res...

Status
Not open for further replies.