Inherited an account and need advice on toons please

Michael

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Hi, I was given an account by someone moving to EQ2 and I could use some
advice. I've been playing for a year and have a 65 cleric and few low
level alts. This new account has toons I wanted to play as alts, which
is very cool but they are mostly high level. They include:

67 Enchanter, 50 AAs incl. Dire Charm, gear for level is nothing to
write home about but INT and CHA are high, so that's good.

65 Druid, no AAs, gear for level ok but not great except he does have
his epic 1.0. Unfortunately, his 1hs skill is only in the 30s.

39 Beastlord, naked. No gear whatsoever. 1hb and 2hb skills are zero.
H2h and other skills are ok for level.

55 Warrior with really nice gear for level and good skills.

I've been considering two options basically. Strip these toons of their
gear and sell it to outfit my own toons or learn to play these guys by
soloing them until I know them well enough to function in a group. Since
I have played a cleric from 1 to 65 I do know something of the other
classes in the game of course, but that hardly makes me an expert on
actually playing those classes. If I do try to learn them, I wouldn't
expose a group to them until I felt I could carry my own weight in the
group.

Does soloing these guys (I was thinking Natimbi would be perfect for
this) seem like a viable way to learn to play the class do you think? I
mean, I know it isn't exactly the same as playing the class's group role
but I would get to know how to use their spells, what they have
available to them, setup Hotbuttons accordingly, etc.

The one I am most concerned about is the Enchanter. But I think I could
practice crowd control by deliberately aggroing numbers of mobs soloing
and then managing them. I think soloing would be possible with the DC
pet too but of course I have yet to try it. I could keep my cleric on
standby for heals by two-boxing. I only have one PC tho, so I don't know
if switching between them will be fast enough but I could try it.

The Druid I think would be fun and easy to get a handle on soloing in
Natimbi. I have a low level druid and obviously this one heck of a step
up but I think I could get used to him by soloing him. I am dissapointed
by his terrible 1hs skill though. I'm not sure if I could manage to
survive in melee of light blue mobs long enough to get it up to where it
should be. Then again, maybe two-boxing my cleric would be the answer
here too.

The warrior I would have to two-box with cleric or get a cleric friend
to help me out as I got used to him. Once I had a handle on him, I think
maybe starting off with LDoNs would be a good way to break in and go
from there.

Lastly, the Beastlord I can twink up a bit for gear. He's too low for
Natimbi so I'd have to figure out someplace else to solo him. Again,
with him an issue is his zero 1hb and 2hb skills. I wonder how hard it
would be to get them up to par at level 39. Once again, I could probably
back him up with my cleric or perhaps get a friend to help on heals if
two-boxing doesn't work well on my system.

I'm really tempted to give this a try with these guys. Yes, I know there
is no substitute for experience over time playing a class to be good at
it. On the other hand, this is a game, not rocket science. It is not
that complicated to go on Alla and do some homework on spells, etc. or
to go to class specific sites and get tips, info, etc.

What do you guys think? If somebody gave you an account like this would
you just strip the gear or go for it and try to play the toons? Being
into the druid in particular it would really kill me to let one with an
epic go. But that's just me. I am curious what you guys think.

Any comments, feedback, flames or whatever would be appreciated. Thanks!

My best advice is strip them and then DELETE the characters; then
start those characters on the account that you want to play at level 1
so that you can learn the ins and outs of those classes...

As a player, you learn a lot about the play of a class in the first
few levels. Even being an experianced player, and even if you know (or
think you know) the capicity of the classes, it will work better IMHO
simply to have the experiance as a player with the classes.

Michael wrote:
> [...]
> would be to get them up to par at level 39. Once again, I could probably
> back him up with my cleric or perhaps get a friend to help on heals if
> two-boxing doesn't work well on my system.
>
> I'm really tempted to give this a try with these guys. Yes, I know there
> is no substitute for experience over time playing a class to be good at
> it. On the other hand, this is a game, not rocket science. It is not
> that complicated to go on Alla and do some homework on spells, etc. or
> to go to class specific sites and get tips, info, etc.
>
> What do you guys think? If somebody gave you an account like this would
> you just strip the gear or go for it and try to play the toons? Being
> into the druid in particular it would really kill me to let one with an
> epic go. But that's just me. I am curious what you guys think.
>
> Any comments, feedback, flames or whatever would be appreciated. Thanks!
I'd probably strip and dump, but:
a) I would not want to pay for more than one account.
b) I happen to like many of the mid level stretches.
c) Being a high level enchanter, I think there is no substitute for
grouping to know your limits and capabilities *in any class*, and more
importantly, how other classes compliment you.
Minor d for ench) Also enchanter soloing for real xp (charm soloing) is
much different than working in an xp group, who will usually look at you
cross eyed if you mention charming for normal xp. I imagine other
classes have similar issues; solo or duo style may be far different than
group style. Wizards don't quad kite in groups...
(Mind you, we had a very successful group where we were charming... We
had 2 druids, enchanter, mage, cleric, and our tank left. We were
fighting somewhere with good charm animals, so we started using 3
charmies. Toy laden pets, and the cleric fell asleep and we didn't
notice till our big hp buffs ran out.)

Michael

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Jitar GrRahiir of Tarew Marr wrote:
> My best advice is strip them and then DELETE the characters; then
> start those characters on the account that you want to play at level 1
> so that you can learn the ins and outs of those classes...
>
> As a player, you learn a lot about the play of a class in the first
> few levels. Even being an experianced player, and even if you know (or
> think you know) the capicity of the classes, it will work better IMHO
> simply to have the experiance as a player with the classes.

Yeah, you have a good point there and I may ultimately opt to do that. I
was thinking maybe I'd move the Druid to my primary account tho and the
warrior too and just hang on to them where one is geared so well and the
other has his epic. I could play the same toons up from level 1 to a
point where I felt comfortable switching over to the higher toons and in
the case of the Druid it would save me doing the epic 1.0 and allow me
to jump into epic 1.5 right away with him, saving a few steps on it.
Part of my reasoning there is that they have some nice nodrop stuff.

I also thought about hanging on to the other account and using the
chanter as a buff bot for my other toons. Free KEI, VoQ or Tranq.
whenever I want it for any of my toons would be nice. Being able to cast
in pok for donations might be a nice way to make a little plat too. I'd
have to try it and see if that was worth doing or not. Then again, 13
bucks a month for that is kind of expensive and transferring the
characters is expensive too, not to mention renaming them for yet
another fee. I'd want my own identity ingame. It would be pretty sweet
though to park the chanter at the wos zone in and whenever my group
wipes being able to hit all with mind candy and then HP/AC buffs with my
cleric. I don't know about you guys but wiping at wos seems to be a
pretty frequent thing and fast complete recovery would be sweet.

I don't know. I'm still thinking it over.

Michael wrote:
> Hi, I was given an account by someone moving to EQ2 and I could use some
> advice. I've been playing for a year and have a 65 cleric and few low
> level alts. This new account has toons I wanted to play as alts, which
> is very cool but they are mostly high level. They include:
>
> 67 Enchanter, 50 AAs incl. Dire Charm, gear for level is nothing to
> write home about but INT and CHA are high, so that's good.

At 67, Int and Cha should be trivial to raise with even half decent
gear. Dire Charm isn't all that, either, these days, as the best mob
you can get with it is level 46; even in zones with decent mobs that
level, you're almost certainly better off using an animation if you
don't have the skill and attention span to use "real" charm.

This will be, IMO, the hardest character to just walk in on and play; a
very wide skill set, a relatively different role, and a great deal of
reliance on finely honed instincts is necessary to make a good
enchanter. What do you mez, what do you stun, what do you charm, what
is best left alone or rooted? Slowing, crippling, using pets... there's
a lot going on.

> 65 Druid, no AAs, gear for level ok but not great except he does have
> his epic 1.0. Unfortunately, his 1hs skill is only in the 30s.

Epic 1.0 isn't all that hot for a druid, its essentially just another
DOT. Nobody cares at all about his 1hs skill, he's not a melee
character, like a cleric. OK, clerics aren't really melee either, but
about 50 times better at it than druids. Complete lack of AA's suggests
he was PLed into position, there's certainly a great deal of room for
improvement. Still, you've played a cleric, and I don't think you'd
have a really difficult time picking up the other druidic skills,
particularly for grouping purposes. The fine points of root/rotting or
quad kiting might take some getting used to (although a cleric can root
rot undead, not very well, and there's little reason to expect that
you've gotten good at it)

> 39 Beastlord, naked. No gear whatsoever. 1hb and 2hb skills are zero.
> H2h and other skills are ok for level.

A 39 character would take a couple weeks to get on your own, and you'd
know a lot more about the character than you would taking over one
already at this stage.

> 55 Warrior with really nice gear for level and good skills.

Warriors -require- really nice gear. Really really really nice gear.
If you aren't the best geared warrior in your unit (be it duo, 6 man
group, 50 man raid) then you are just a relatively poor DPS engine, much
of the time. Generally, this means that a good warrior is a twinked
warrior. That said, it shouldn't be too hard to learn to play a warrior
well enough to get by on.

> I've been considering two options basically. Strip these toons of their
> gear and sell it to outfit my own toons or learn to play these guys by
> soloing them until I know them well enough to function in a group. Since
> I have played a cleric from 1 to 65 I do know something of the other
> classes in the game of course, but that hardly makes me an expert on
> actually playing those classes. If I do try to learn them, I wouldn't
> expose a group to them until I felt I could carry my own weight in the
> group.
>
> Does soloing these guys (I was thinking Natimbi would be perfect for
> this) seem like a viable way to learn to play the class do you think? I
> mean, I know it isn't exactly the same as playing the class's group role
> but I would get to know how to use their spells, what they have
> available to them, setup Hotbuttons accordingly, etc.

Soloing the warrior won't teach you much, soloing the beastlord, only a
bit more. Soloing the druid won't teach you much about grouping him, as
the skills involved are radically different. Soloing the enchanter
won't really be all that much help either, successfully doing so won't
involve the skills you need to group with.

> The one I am most concerned about is the Enchanter. But I think I could
> practice crowd control by deliberately aggroing numbers of mobs soloing
> and then managing them. I think soloing would be possible with the DC
> pet too but of course I have yet to try it. I could keep my cleric on
> standby for heals by two-boxing. I only have one PC tho, so I don't know
> if switching between them will be fast enough but I could try it.

This version of "soloing" would be more helpful in developing some of
the skills you'll need; messing with the heads of a bunch of no threat
greenies and getting a feel for how to target, what the durations are,
what the ranges (and AE ranges) are and so forth. Eventually you'll
have to bite the bullet and start grouping, though, because this won't
be helping much at all with the "what should I do" part of the equation.

> The Druid I think would be fun and easy to get a handle on soloing in
> Natimbi. I have a low level druid and obviously this one heck of a step
> up but I think I could get used to him by soloing him. I am dissapointed
> by his terrible 1hs skill though. I'm not sure if I could manage to
> survive in melee of light blue mobs long enough to get it up to where it
> should be. Then again, maybe two-boxing my cleric would be the answer
> here too.

I can't imagine how you got to 65 with a cleric while not noticing that
a druid doesn't realy on his 1hs skill, or any other melee skill. I
also can't imagine how you could have a "low level druid" and not have
figured this out, unless by "low level" you mean under 15. If it wasn't
for that fixation of yours, I'd say you'd have an excellent chance of
developing into a good druid, with low level druid experience and high
level cleric experience both under your belt, and a relatively simple
class to play.

> The warrior I would have to two-box with cleric or get a cleric friend
> to help me out as I got used to him. Once I had a handle on him, I think
> maybe starting off with LDoNs would be a good way to break in and go
> from there.
Warriors can even solo, although there's little point in it if what you
are after is grouping skill. Duoing will help, and then your idea of
starting with LDoNs and working up is a good one. Using your higher
level characters to help upgrade his "really good for his level" gear
would also help, what you want him to have is "really good for a level
70" gear. And lots of AA. Oh, and another 15 levels.

> Lastly, the Beastlord I can twink up a bit for gear. He's too low for
> Natimbi so I'd have to figure out someplace else to solo him. Again,
> with him an issue is his zero 1hb and 2hb skills. I wonder how hard it
> would be to get them up to par at level 39. Once again, I could probably
> back him up with my cleric or perhaps get a friend to help on heals if
> two-boxing doesn't work well on my system.

The beastlord is little more than a toy, nobody will be all that upset
or amazed if you don't know how to run him well at 39, these days you'll
find most people don't even know how to run their characters well at 50.

> I'm really tempted to give this a try with these guys. Yes, I know there
> is no substitute for experience over time playing a class to be good at
> it. On the other hand, this is a game, not rocket science. It is not
> that complicated to go on Alla and do some homework on spells, etc. or
> to go to class specific sites and get tips, info, etc.

Here's the thing, if you aren't going to run this account dual box with
your current one, then you're looking at paying twice as much per month
in order to have the other characters. Unless you want to abandon the
cleric account, that is.

For dual boxing purposes, you have a pretty good setup, cleric/druid
works decently (with the druid running a charmed pet and cleric
supplying healing and crowd control), cleric/enchanter works even better
on the same plan, with slow added to the mix, Cleric/Warrior is a good
core and a decent duo on its own. You can also PL the accounts up with
combinations like those, as its pretty easy to control who gets the exp
on each kill if you don't group the pairs.

> What do you guys think? If somebody gave you an account like this would
> you just strip the gear or go for it and try to play the toons? Being
> into the druid in particular it would really kill me to let one with an
> epic go. But that's just me. I am curious what you guys think.

Here's a plan you might not have thought of; strip the characters down
and use the gear to twink out characters of those classes on your real
account. Play those characters for a while, and once you are up into
your mid 30s, decide if you really enjoy the classes. If you like the
classes, -then- make the decision whether to stick with your new
versions, or whether to make the jump up to the high level alts from the
other account. At least this way you'll have the basics of the classes
under your belt, learned in an environment where learning is encouraged,
rather than eliciting shock and dismay; a level 20 thats' asking mezzing
questions is cute, a level 67 asking the same questions is a horror.

With the druid, I'd be tempted to say skip that, but with the enchanter,
I really think its a good idea to play up to 30 at least, better, up to
40 or 50. Even if you play to 50, switching back to the 67 will save
you over half the play time required to get up to that level, as you
know from your cleric, leveling slows radically over 50... but you may
not realize how much faster leveling up to 50 is these days from "way
back when"

Lance

On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 15:44:50 -0500, Lance Berg <emporer@dejazzd.com>
wrote:

>> 65 Druid, no AAs, gear for level ok but not great except he does have
>> his epic 1.0. Unfortunately, his 1hs skill is only in the 30s.
>>
>Epic 1.0 isn't all that hot for a druid, its essentially just another
>DOT.

Well, it actually is good...when you're in your lowr-mid 50s and if
your solo style is root/rotting. Another DoT at no mana cost isn't
something to dismiss quickly. ;) As you approach 60, though, the
damage it does starts falling behind

--
Dark Tyger

Sympathy for the retailer:
http://www.actsofgord.com/index.html
"Door's to your left" -Gord

Protect free speech: http://stopfcc.com/

Michael

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Lance Berg wrote:

> [...]
> classes, -then- make the decision whether to stick with your new
> versions, or whether to make the jump up to the high level alts from the
> other account. At least this way you'll have the basics of the classes
> under your belt, learned in an environment where learning is encouraged,
> rather than eliciting shock and dismay; a level 20 thats' asking mezzing
> questions is cute, a level 67 asking the same questions is a horror.
>
> With the druid, I'd be tempted to say skip that, but with the enchanter,
> I really think its a good idea to play up to 30 at least, better, up to
> 40 or 50. Even if you play to 50, switching back to the 67 will save
> you over half the play time required to get up to that level, as you
> know from your cleric, leveling slows radically over 50... but you may
> not realize how much faster leveling up to 50 is these days from "way

I hope I am doing the right thing here as I don't have a great deal of
experience on Usenet but I decided to leaved quoted the entirety of your
excellent and thoughtful reply. Thank you so much for taking the time to
so thoroughly go over the issues at hand. And actually, while I didn't
mention it, your final suggestion has crossed my mind. I am in complete
agreement with you about the Enchanter the more I think about it. I
already have one rolled and ready to go, who just got his newbie charm
and some nice twink gear. Likewise, I have a newbie beastlord in the
same state. And you were on the right track regarding my Druid. He's
only level 11 and I have been wowed by the difference in abilities he
has compared to my cleric, playing him most recently in CB and soloing
him there quite well. I really, really like him and did the newbie armor
for him in a day. He's also somewhat twinked as well.

As I was standing in line returning something I don't need for Christmas
after all for someone, I was thinking about this stuff and I was
considering something along the lines of your last suggestion. Namely,
moving all the gear from account 2, to my main account and twinking out
the toons there or saving level req. gear for when they are older.

I understand what you were saying about the Druid and melee. I don't
recall seeing any higher level druids melee ever. Then again, I don't
often see clerics soloing but I am pretty good at it given the gear,
spells and practice I have had at it over time. My offense, defense and
1hb are all maxed and I do pretty good with a Hammer of Damnation,
Hammer Pet (yes, I know it's lame but every little bit of dps helps and
it costs next to nothing to cast), nukes, reverse damage shield, etc.
I've pretty much got it down to a science and while I am obviously no
where near as effective as most other classes soloing, it can be done.

So what I am saying there is, that while most druids would never melee,
it is just my nature to want the skill maxed for those times when taking
a few swipes with the old scimitar may come in handy. Kind of for the
sake of completeness I guess. Although I suppose in actual practice it
would probably rarely matter. But that's just me. I know it isn't
something a Druid needs really, but on a toon I brought up from level 1,
it would be maxed well before I ever had an epic.

I think you are right about the druid. I probably could pick him up
pretty well compared to the others. I doubt the warrior would be too
hard either. But I don't want to be guilty of being in a group and not
playing my class effectively for any of these.

So I think I will move the gear to account one to those toons and play
them from the ground up. It will be fun anyway. And I will learn "the
right way" so to speak. Once the gear is moved over, I will deactive the
second account and just let it sit. If for some reason SOE ever deletes
the toons, oh, well. But I doubt it. I'm sure they'll be there later on.

You had an excellent point about the Enchanter. It might be sweet to
play up to 50 or so and with that experience under my belt, decide
whether to make the immediate jump to 67 or not.

In the end, bringing up my own warrior and beastlord would be easy to
the levels of the toons on the second account. So perhaps in the future
I might just opt to do a character transfer and bring the chanter and
druid over to my main account and let the rest just go. Saving the time
of playing through 50-65 and 50-67 might be very nice. Then again, at
that point maybe I will just want to continue with my own toons. Either
way, I got a bunch of nice gear for them and that's pretty cool.

Thanks again. I think your advice was quite good.

Dark Tyger wrote:

> On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 15:44:50 -0500, Lance Berg <emporer@dejazzd.com>
> wrote:
>

>>>65 Druid, no AAs, gear for level ok but not great except he does have
>>>his epic 1.0. Unfortunately, his 1hs skill is only in the 30s.
>>>

>>Epic 1.0 isn't all that hot for a druid, its essentially just another
>>DOT.
>

> Well, it actually is good...when you're in your lowr-mid 50s and if
> your solo style is root/rotting. Another DoT at no mana cost isn't
> something to dismiss quickly. ;) As you approach 60, though, the
> damage it does starts falling behind

Aye, there's that, but this is a 65 druid we are talking about. For
him, its not all that important.

And given the speed at which the 50s go by, these days, I put it to you
that that its just not all that important to anyone.

Recall too that his current main is a cleric, and consider whether that
might make him think an epic is a big deal. Not many epics are useful
on that scale.

Lance Berg <emporer@dejazzd.com> wrote:

> Michael wrote:
>> Hi, I was given an account by someone moving to EQ2 and I could use some
>> advice. I've been playing for a year and have a 65 cleric and few low
>> level alts. This new account has toons I wanted to play as alts, which
>> is very cool but they are mostly high level. They include:
>>
>> 67 Enchanter, 50 AAs incl. Dire Charm, gear for level is nothing to
>> write home about but INT and CHA are high, so that's good.
>>
> At 67, Int and Cha should be trivial to raise with even half decent
> gear. Dire Charm isn't all that, either, these days, as the best mob
> you can get with it is level 46; even in zones with decent mobs that
> level, you're almost certainly better off using an animation if you
> don't have the skill and attention span to use "real" charm.

> This will be, IMO, the hardest character to just walk in on and play; a
> very wide skill set, a relatively different role, and a great deal of
> reliance on finely honed instincts is necessary to make a good
> enchanter. What do you mez, what do you stun, what do you charm, what
> is best left alone or rooted? Slowing, crippling, using pets... there's
> a lot going on.
I'm not so sure why enchanters are regarded as hard to play/learn.
Agreed they are quite difficult in the levels up to 60. But then they
need gear as good as possible. Not only for mana regen - they have the
worst mana regen of all the int casters! - but for HP as well. Their
mezzes are costly so the role of train stoppers isn't going well without
quality gear and foci. Stuns are....well useless. There might be another
pb ae stun available now with a higher level cap though. But it's been
a while since I really played my chanter.

To sum it up chanters are buffers and slowers and mezz the occasional
add. Nothing to write home about. :/ If you want to have fun with an
enchanter I advise to start a new one too and adventure deep into
dungeons with a group. This is where I truly loved being an enchanter.
But since pop single pull groups I'd rather pick a shaman for a group
than a chanter. Though you could use charm in normal groups and play dps
class. But better have a snare class with you then...

Hagen

< stripped all the stuff about the different characters and levels>

> What do you guys think? If somebody gave you an account like this would
> you just strip the gear or go for it and try to play the toons? Being into
> the druid in particular it would really kill me to let one with an epic
> go. But that's just me. I am curious what you guys think.
>
> Any comments, feedback, flames or whatever would be appreciated. Thanks!

Well I can help with the 2-boxing, get MacroQuest. (Don't play EQ anymore,
wish I had know about this sooner, might have kept me around longer). Makes
2-boxing on the same machine easier. Just set up some answer macros so you
just say in group "heal me" and the cleric will cast a spell on you. Yes I
know people will complain that this is cheating etc. I am not saying to use
the map features etc, but for 2 boxing I don't know how you could make it
any easier. This certainly explains the people that play 6 characters,
always wondered how they could all seem responsive, 2 characters on
different machines is easy, same machine pretty hard without an aid like
this.

macroquest.sourceforge.net - sure it violates the EUL, but then so does
selling plat and no one seems to get banned for that..............

Michael

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Jeff Lindholm wrote:
> < stripped all the stuff about the different characters and levels>
>
>>What do you guys think? If somebody gave you an account like this would
>>you just strip the gear or go for it and try to play the toons? Being into
>>the druid in particular it would really kill me to let one with an epic
>>go. But that's just me. I am curious what you guys think.
>>
>>Any comments, feedback, flames or whatever would be appreciated. Thanks!
>

> Well I can help with the 2-boxing, get MacroQuest. (Don't play EQ anymore,
> wish I had know about this sooner, might have kept me around longer). Makes
> 2-boxing on the same machine easier. Just set up some answer macros so you
> just say in group "heal me" and the cleric will cast a spell on you. Yes I
> know people will complain that this is cheating etc. I am not saying to use
> the map features etc, but for 2 boxing I don't know how you could make it
> any easier. This certainly explains the people that play 6 characters,
> always wondered how they could all seem responsive, 2 characters on
> different machines is easy, same machine pretty hard without an aid like
> this.
>
> macroquest.sourceforge.net - sure it violates the EUL, but then so does
> selling plat and no one seems to get banned for that..............

Well, I took a look at macroquest and it's way more involved than it is
worth to me. I don't want to have to learn to program a macro language
to automate a bot. In fact the more I think about it the less I want to
two-box at all. I'd much rather just play the game and have fun that
way, one toon at a time.

It has occurred to me that one way to maximize the potential benefit of
the second account would be to do this:

Delete the Beastlord. He's useless.

Delete the nectro trader. He too is useless.

Strip the warrior and move his gear to a newbie warrior on my primary
account. Bank any gear that has a level requirement for later. Then sell
sacrifices of him for 200-300k a pop until he's deleveled down to 46 I
think it is where you cannot sacrifice anymore. I could probably net
somewhere around 15 to 20k plat doing this.

Do the same thing with the Druid and Enchanter. Sacrifice them all the
way down to 46 and bank the profit.

Move the enchanter and druid to my primary account. Then deactivate the
second account and forget about it permanently.

Play an enchanter and druid from level 1 up to level 46 of the same race
as the ones from the second account. When each hits 46, strip them of
any gear they have and bank it on the trader then delete them and rename
the ones transferred from the second account to the same names as the
ones I'd played from level 1.

The benefit to doing this with the Chanter and Druid is that at level
46, I can continue to play them up to high levels but they will already
have their spells up to 65 and 67 respectively in their spellbooks,
which represents a huge savings in time and expense but takes nothing
away from my experience in playing each class. And as a bonus, my Druid
inherits an instant epic 1.0, which while not worth much in it's own
right, would be useful in jumping ahead a little for epic 1.5 down the
road. And as somebody above mentioned, the dot it grants might be nice
in the mid to high 50's until it's replaced by something better in the
spellbook. And call me silly but I would find some way to max out his
1hs so I could actually use a scimitar from time to time if I want to.

The account came with 30k. With all the sacrificing of three toons I
could probably make another 50-75k and bank it. And the savings on
spells from 46 to 65 would be great. And inheriting the epic would be
great. But in the end, I would play each toon from level 1 all the way up.

The only downside to this is the expense of transferring two geared
characters from one account to another account and then later renaming
those two toons. It's $50. to move two geared toons from one account to
another account on the same server. And it's another $50. to rename
them. I just looked that up on EQLive. Hmmm... So it would run me a
hundred bucks to save on all those spells, an epic and some nice nodrop
gear each toon has. Something to think about.

> Strip the warrior and move his gear to a newbie warrior on my primary
> account. Bank any gear that has a level requirement for later. Then sell
> sacrifices of him for 200-300k a pop until he's deleveled down to 46 I
> think it is where you cannot sacrifice anymore. I could probably net
> somewhere around 15 to 20k plat doing this.
>
> Do the same thing with the Druid and Enchanter. Sacrifice them all the way
> down to 46 and bank the profit.

You would have to die down to level 60 at least (only works sub 60 I think,
may even be sub 55). Also since you are not the original owner of both
accounts, you may have issues moving the characters to the other account.

Michael

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Jeff Lindholm wrote:
>>Strip the warrior and move his gear to a newbie warrior on my primary
>>account. Bank any gear that has a level requirement for later. Then sell
>>sacrifices of him for 200-300k a pop until he's deleveled down to 46 I
>>think it is where you cannot sacrifice anymore. I could probably net
>>somewhere around 15 to 20k plat doing this.
>>
>>Do the same thing with the Druid and Enchanter. Sacrifice them all the way
>>down to 46 and bank the profit.
>

> You would have to die down to level 60 at least (only works sub 60 I think,
> may even be sub 55). Also since you are not the original owner of both
> accounts, you may have issues moving the characters to the other account.

Yes, I have wondered about whether moving them is going to be a problem.
It is interesting to note that on the EQLive page that describes the
rules, etc. for character moves it says that you cannot move characters
TO an account you are not the original owner of. I found it interesting
they made that distinction and I am left to wonder if I will be able to
move characters FROM an account I am not the original owner of to an
account, which I am the original owner of.