Ink drying time for inkjet and laser printers

Abdul Haq Shaikh

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2015
I want to gift a printer to a retired elderly friend of mine who occasionally gives legal advice and prepares legal documents for clients. The printer should be able to handle legal size (8.5" by 14"). Also since it would be used occasionally I would like to know if the laser printer or the inkjet printer would be a better choice because I do not want the ink to dry up and make him replenish it every time he needs to use it. He does not require color and a black and white printer would serve his needs. Kindly advice.

Solution
once a week, a single a4 is a minimum I try to print from INK printers. I think its still low, but it keept my ink printer fine for 2 years.
For LASER i don't know IF there is such limit. I printed last week after ~2 months. I just had to reprint first page as it was printed on dust.
once a week, a single a4 is a minimum I try to print from INK printers. I think its still low, but it keept my ink printer fine for 2 years.
For LASER i don't know IF there is such limit. I printed last week after ~2 months. I just had to reprint first page as it was printed on dust.

Solution