Inkjet vs Laser??? Cost per page!

GLO

Distinguished
May 8, 2004
A few years ago when i purchased my Laser printer, it was clearly a better choice as it was fast and efficient and clearly had a lower cost per page.

But now in 05 the inkjets are quicker, and their replacement cartridges seem to have come down enormously.

Does the cost per page for text printing from an inkjet now compare with a laser printer?

<font color=red>Kind Regards
<b>GLO</b>
check out what i do! <A HREF="http://www.GLO-Racing.com" target="_new">http://www.GLO-Racing.com</A></font color=red>

RichPLS

Champion
I think it depends on your usage. If you print alot, colour and b/w laser printers are more economical.
But if you print say a dozen pages a month, inkjet will beat the laser every time... of course goes without saying selecting appropriate models.

<pre><font color=red>°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o \\// o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°
And the sign says "You got to have a membership card to get inside" Huh
So I got me a pen and paper And I made up my own little sign</pre><p></font color=red>

Osage

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I agree that the economy of some inkjets are now very competitive with Lasers, For example the THG guide printer reviews show various Canon models coming in at 2 to 3 cents per page B&W text. Use non oem cartridges, some costing less than 15% of Canon OEM, and this drops the per page price to less than a half a cent a page. Refill your own ink and it drops even futher. You can get this kind of economy only with inkjet printers with the printhead not on the cartridge itself----basically the Canon and Epsons. Big body of literature at inkjet group forums--just google it.

Sure happy I found that website and also THG. Read and you might just learn. I'm just a greenhorn tired of being ripped off for replacement ink cartridges.

blah

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I am getting 1.2 to 1.5 cent per page both ways with own refills (depends on what paper I choose to buy), but prefer to use laser caz of its quality for text. I forgot the time I've used my workhorse inkjet 930C since I got my 1740 Samsung for 80 bux.

..this is very useful and helpful place for information...