[SOLVED] inland professional ssd

Soviet45

BANNED
Aug 28, 2021
so microcenter gave me a free 250gb inland professional ssd and is it good to use it as a bootdrive for windows? ill use my hdds as storage

also kind of worried why they giving away free ssd? to spy on people? to steal information? kind of wanna be cautious.

i’ll get it since it’s free but in life nothing is truly free

Solution
so microcenter gave me a free 250gb inland professional ssd and is it good to use it as a bootdrive for windows? ill use my hdds as storage

also kind of worried why they giving away free ssd? to spy on people? to steal information? kind of wanna be cautious.

You will have to reformat it while installing OS on it so any possibly spyware will be removed. Don't know why they are giving it for free, did you get it as bonus with some other article ?
It's most probably EOL and not very best one but it will be at least 4-5 times faster than any mechanical HDD anyway.

You will have to reformat it while installing OS on it so any possibly spyware will be removed. Don't know why they are giving it for free, did you get it as bonus with some other article ?
It's most probably EOL and not very best one but it will be at least 4-5 times faster than any mechanical HDD anyway.

Solution

DSzymborski

Titan
It's simply a marketing promotion that Micro Center does. They offer it to new customers in return for being allowed to send them marketing texts and emails. It only can be acquired in-store as well. It's just a cheap, old, little SSD that they probably have a lot more of on their hands than will actually sell at this point.