Inline fill/drain valve idea

tougas

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2011
So i have an idea and in my head it functions im just wondering if anyone has pulled it off before. So my idea is to put a t connector at the low point in my loop. off of the T i would have an on/off valve. Then i would make a fill/drain hose that has the bard the will screw into the on/off valve. This way when i need to drain my system i let the drain hose hang and it will be lower causing the coolant to drain and when i need to fill i simply hold the hose above the case and pour in the coolant. Any opinions? As for placement, if the concept is sound, what would be best?

Plumbo01

Honorable
Sep 12, 2012
I too was astounded at the results we have a tendency to saw at the shoopbot camp when bill let us strive our hand at it. There was one piece there that gave the look of an old brass item, then you pick it up to understand its a piece of foam!

The only way to tell your half isn't a piece of rusty steel would be to choose it up.

scopey86

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2011
Uhh...what? Lol Plumbo01

Like delluser1 said, you can't use the drain port to fill as well even if you hold it above your loop, it still goes down to the bottom without getting anywhere else. Either use the top of your res as a fillport (with a QDC) or use a fillport.