Question Inner working of search engines and SEO

Status
Not open for further replies.

David.Baratheon

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2013
Which search engines use their own algorithms, and which search engines simply piggy back of other search engines?

Whether you are looking to purge something from the internet or advertising it as much as possible, understanding how search engines world would be really useful information.

I am assuming that if content is removed from the likes of google, yahoo etc, it will automatically disappear from other search engines that piggy back off these search engines?

Last edited:

Cj-tech

Admirable
Jan 27, 2021
Which search engines use their own algorithms, and which search engines simply piggy back of other search engines?

Whether you are looking to purge something from the internet or advertising it as much as possible, understanding how search engines world would be really useful information.

I am assuming that if content is removed from the likes of google, yahoo etc, it will automatically disappear from other search engines that piggy back off these search engines?
Google and Bing seem to be the most popular atm. My company targets users from these two search engines. For indexing, I know Google, Bing, and Yahoo have separate methods. I think the rest just use them. However, anything on the internet is going to stay on the internet. If you want something removed, you need to take down the webpage. After search engines realize it isn’t a valid page anymore, they will remove it from search results. You can initiate scans of websites with Google and Bing tools for free. If I recall correctly, Yahoo is paid.

Nov 9, 2022
Every search engine use their own algorithm but almost all algorithms are similar in somehow. You need to study algorithm of each search engine you want to rank on.

Status
Not open for further replies.